Diagnosis
09/2008
Country
US
State
Ohio
City
Waterloo
well, we went to the ALS clinic at OSU yesterday. Dr Kolb said based on the information and the examination, and previous test results, that the initial diagnosed is Als, during the course of a several hour examination and add'l testing, he came to this conclusion, ruling out several other causes, he has ordered add'l testing, he was wonderful, answering questions and trying very hard to put us at ease. He gave us personal contact information in case we had questions later. He said it was very overwelming and that he knew that a couple hours from now we would have questions that needed answered. We have return appts next week for the Pulmonary testing and my husband is scheduled every 3 months at the Als clinic. I was very shocked to see just how weak he has become, the Dr also found noticable weakness in the feet and legs, he advised my husband that at this point things weren't going to get better but worse, he stated that when he is ready to leave work he will support him and submit all the informatin that employers need, he also advised us to file for SSDI as soon as possible and he would submit all the necessary paperwork pertaining to that also.

Hi -
I cannot imagine actually hearing that diagnosis confirmed. I am so very sorry that this has happened to your family. You both must feel like you've been hit by a freight train. I wish nothing but the best for you both - peace, fortitude, comfort, and the best care possible.

Take care,
Suzann

I am sorry, Shelly. I wish things could be different for you both. Hugs, Cindy

your family is in my prayers

Shelly,
My heart goes out to you and your family, try your best to make every day count,
God be with you,
brenda

I want to thank everyone for their wonderful and uplifting responses. There are so many decisions that have to be made, Today was his last day at work, he made the decision himself, and he is comfortable with it. So now we begin to deal with the insurance companies. Bet that is going to be encouraging.......

Clinic

Shelly,

I am so sorry to hear about your husbands DX. You are in good hands at OSU.

I'm happy to hear that he has decided to stop working, it was so hard watching my husband go to work each morning knowing how weak he was.

You both are in my thoughts and prayers......Sis

Mercy, Sis I am so glad to see you posted, I was really beginning to worry about you and yours.

Hello Shelly~I am so sorry to read the sad news about your husband! You must be numb. I pray for all the members and families every day. (((hug)))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back