Would just like reassurance or be compelled to go to the doctor!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ballboy

Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Indiana
City
Oaktown
I am a 31-year old male; I have been having pain in my left leg, primarily for about 2 months; now I am getting fasciculations in my right quadricep that have lasted a few days, and a feeling of "perceived weakness" in my leg. My leg feels like it will give way, but it doesn't. I am fairly active and have not had any incidents where I was running and tripped or anything like that. My question is: could weakness/atrophy in one leg cause pain or discomfort in another leg in ALS? I am obviously worried; I understand that with my age ALS is a longshot diagnosis. My wife says that I am a hypochondriac, so I really don't want to go to the doctor. Does anyone out there have a suggestion? Thank you and I extend
prayers out to all of you battling this terrible disease. I teach and have told many of my students that soldiers/veterans are heroic, but I'm not sure that anyone is more heroic than the people (victims and families) who battle ALS. Thanks again and God Bless!

just go to your doc and see. iif you are active, maybe it is a pinched nerve since this seems to be in your legs only. do you have twitching anywhere else? I think that you will be fine but understand your fears.

take care,

april

I agree, go to the doctor and it doesn't sound ALS like to me.

AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back