Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
AZ
City
Tucson
I am new to this board and found it after googling some of my symptoms...over the past week my left hand has been giving me a lot of issues...

1. tingling
2. pain on the palm, around the wrist, on the fingers and down the outside next to my pinky
3. I also suffer from fatigue
4. and while napping today while I was falling asleep I think I felt my left arm twitch a few times...

does this sound like ALS? I'm at my wits end... I'm terrifed of leaving my 1 year old all alone... I don't have any weakness - my hand feels funny -- in pain alot... and the twitching - as far as I know I only twitched those 4 times?

With ALS - does the twitching come and go? or is it constant?

That's not even close to ALS (and no, the twitches don't typically stop with ALS).

That is almost text book for carpal tunnel.

Go to your doc and get checked if you're that worried and for your peace of mind. Oh, and get off of the internet.

I think that google has now taken over for money, as the root of all evil. :twisted:

Berryblue,

Please don't have a panic attack about ALS, it doesn't even sound like you are in the radar.
As soon as you google muscle twitching the first thing that will come up of course would be ALS.
Aniexty is only going to make your symptoms worse and you are going to drive yourself crazy.

Make an appointment with your GP, see what he says, it all might even pass.
Do you hold your baby on that side you could have a compressed nerve.

hang in there,

alot of people have that twitch sort of thing when falling asleep, and alot of people feel fatigue. Pain in your hands could be just about anything, maybe something rheumatic in nature not really muscle.

do

Hi berry. Are you left handed ? What do you work at? That could be related.

AL.

Hi everyone. I am not left handed - I'm a stay at home mom of a 1 year old... I am actually having an head MRI tomorrow on an unrelated health problem (headaches)... but the pain in my hand and stiffness around the joints really threw me for a loop because I just felt like I couldn't use my hand properly... of course I brought it up to my GP and she dismissed ALS and suggested carpal tunnel - today the pain is better and my hand has felt normal although I find myself doing strength tests with my left hand (which doesn't make much sense because its my weaker hand anyway)...

I just wanted to say that everyone on this board has my prayers... I know that God is faithful and you all are so brave... My greatest concern in life is being here to take care of my daughter until she's 18 - I don't want to leave her alone... She's my greatest accomplishment ...

God bless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back