Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
ut
City
ogden
Hi,
I Just found this website and wondered if this sounded familiar to anyone. About two months ago I started having numbness and tingling in my hands and feet, and tics and a few buzzes. The numbness turned to stiffness and weakness and sometimes a cramped feeling. Some days my entire arms and legs are tired and weak and stiff. Some days only my left hand and ankle feel stiff and crampy, or just both hands. I have an aunt with ms and felt pretty sure that's what it was. I just had my first neuro visit today.The doctor said it didnt sound like ms and ordered an emg so I'm assuming he's ruling out als.
Does it usually affect all the limbs? Does it change so much from day to day. I've noticed food getting stuck at the back of my throat a little lately, it will feel scratchy and i'll have to drink water to get it down, is that what they mean by trouble swallowing. Does that happen at the same time as the other things. Sorry my minds going a million miles an hour. One minute I think I am a total hypochondriac and the next minute I feel like crying.
Just wondering if this sounded like anyone's experience Thanks!

Sounds to me like you have all the symptoms of MG MS and ALS. I think you've been reading too much. You need to shut off the computer until you get the what I suspect will be a clean EMG.

AL.

That's probably true, and about what my husband says. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back