Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
ks
City
wichita
I just recieved my emg report from my PCP, the physiatrist that did the emg/ncv would not release it to me. The report states my results are consistant with a diagnosis of ALS but I show no upper motor neuron involvement, I may develope this at a later date. The report goes on to list another possibility of Distal Spinal Muscular Atrophy and other heriditary entities. My MRI showed some herniated discs and spinal stenosis and he is recommending a myleogram. Three days later I had my apt. with the neurologist who examined me for 15 minutes and declared I had ALS and I needed to go to the MDA clinic.
Has anyone had Distal Spinal Muscular Atrophy misdiagnosed as ALS? What other hereditary entities would be confused with ALS?

Tom,

Did your dr give you a referral for the MDA clinic? Is he going to send you for the myleogram?

My Dr has not given me a referral to the MDA clinic yet. He told me I have the option of going to the MDA clinic or to Dr. Barohn at the KU med Center. Not sure which would be better probally the MDA clinic since I won't have to travel.

I wish you the best in your search for further answers and diagnosed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back