Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
al
City
birmingham
Hey. I was told NOT to come back to this site...so I wouldn't be consumed with fear agian...but I just cant do that. I wanted to thank everyone for being there with me. I went to the Neuro Tuesday for a follow up "neurological exam". The nurse pract. came in and asked a few questions and looked at me and said "How about lets do a EMG and put this behind you.". I said "Only if I can today- I cant stand the thoughts of going home and then coming back and having to think of it". Sooo..next thing I know there I was sitting on the table.
I have been having random widespread muscle twitches off and on for almost 24 months now. They went away and came back almost 5 months ago in June. At this appt. I had been having random fasics at 4.5 months or so or more.
Anyhow- There came the knock on the door and there came the grab of my hand. I was scared to death. I went into this room where there big computeres were. I sat on the table , rather actually she had me lay down. The Cheif of Neurophysiogy came in. I had just read her credentials in EMG testing etc. I was amazed she was going to perform the test.
I relaxed..laid there still and she started from my foot all the way up to my shoulder. All was negative. She told me it was negative at my leg..but if I insisted and to ease my mind she would go further and rightly so , she did. Everything was normal..nice quiet muscles..and she said.."Again, bfs, no als".
What a relief.
Thank you ALL for being here for me and being supportive. The test was a peice of cake. It was worth the peace of mind. Though I have to step away from the forum to get my life back together. Each and everyone of you will be in my prayers. Not a day goes by I won't think of you.

God Bless. DeeDee:-D

Thanks for the feedback DeeDee. Good Luck, Hang in there. Great news.

dee dee

:-D great to hear from you, you definatly sound more posative and happy.
great news about the emg. you can now relax and enjoy the final weeks of your pregnancy. please come back and tell us when your baby is born, i hope the birth goes well.
take good care and god bless
caroline:-D

dee dee,
That's great news, enjoy the final weeks of your pregnancy...... because you know you will not be getting any rest after that.

Glad you are OK! We'll miss you, but we will be better shots next time! ;-)

Take care and enjoy that baby!

I love happy endings.
AL

Wonderful DeeDee. Thank you for letting the forum know. That is very helpful for others who may have gone thru the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back