Not open for further replies.

Sammantha

Country
Uni
State
NC
City
Newport
Hi all, i have not been officially diagnosed with ALS.... Most of you know me, i just had my fourth and last EMG....... I will not get the results until June. Here is another thing i have experienced that i have not heard of, so maybe it is not ALS... When i was at the ballpark with my kids (yes another ballpark story!) I had a cold soda that i had held in my left hand the one with wasting and wrist drop. Anyways, when i let go off the can i had to take it out of my grip with my right. My ring, middle and pointer finger were fixed in the bent position but my thumb and pinky were fine. I could not move my fingers other than my thumb and pinky at all! I drove one handed home and showed my husbad, he thought i was having a muscle cramp and i said not it does not hurt and when i tried to move and wiggle my fingers they did not budge. He and i were both grossed out, he felt my hand and it was ice cold... He warmed it up with his then i layed my hand on the counter and rolled my arm down to straighten the fingers.. I then kept wiggling them and finally they started to move some. They are back to their old weak state but i am able to move them thank god. My fingers were like playdoh or clay it was a gross feeling, it was as if they were not apart of my body.... No feeling, no movement.... sam

I'm sorry I cannot tell why or what was happening. I can say that I had a very similar experience with my arm from the elbow down to my fingers. It just locked up and had no feeling in it and would not move at all. This is the same arm that now has shown progression of spasms and loss of muscle.

At the time I assumed it was a pinched nerve. Usually when I get those there is pain with it, but, this had no feeling at all. It was not like when a limb goes to sleep from lack of circulation. Totally different and it took about 2 hours for feeling and movement to return.

If anyone else has any ideas please jump in. We all are wondering what is going on when something weird like this happens to our bodies.

Thank you for sharing your response.... This must be unique as only you and i have attested to this. Your right, it is not like when you loose circulation. There was no pain and there was no buzzing sensation when they came back to life, like the way your hand or foot feels when it has been asleep. I was actually curious as to if it were to happen again, then i was like "What if the movement doesn't come back!" So i decided not to re create what happened...........

That is just the way mine acted when it got movement back. No sensation that it had been "asleep". no tingling, weird. I just kept rubbing it until finally sensation came back and movement returned. I like you am afraid to repeat the performance, it may not return next time?
But, then I'm aby-normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back