Old 05-07-2008, 07:24 PM #1 (permalink)
New Member (Say Hi)

City: Bronx
State: New York
Interest: I am a family member of someone with ALS/MND.
Wanda Squires is on a distinguished road
New Member (Say Hi)
City: Bronx
State: New York
Interest: I am a family member of someone with ALS/MND.
Wanda Squires is on a distinguished road
Default Just venting.......

Hi

My mother was diagnosed with CIDP last year and got a new diagnosis in March for ALS.

Since than I have been doing research about ALS (I really did not know anything about this disease before she was diagnosed). And because of this I think I have worked myself up into a frenzy reading everyones symptoms they first felt before they were told that they had ALS. Sometimes knowledge is just too much.

Two weeks ago I developed a cramp in the arch of my foot with pain in the right shoulder and stiffness in the right knee. Also I noticed that my knuckles on my right hand were sometimes tender if I put too much pressure on the area. I have soreness around the ankle bone on both feet. I also have been experiencing lower back pain. I do not have twitching where I can see it or actually feel it but I am feeling like I am vibrating inside. I know it maybe all in my head but nevertheless I am driving myself crazy at this point thinking that I too have started experiencing ALS symptoms.

Naturally I made an appointment with the doctor but cannot see him until next week. I usually talk with my sister's but because of the subject I do not want to alarm them in anyway if this is all in my head. Especially since I have been in remission for three years with Multiple Myleoma, receiving a clean bill of health in February.

I just wanted to vent with people who understood the fear of the unknown until you have the known factor.

Again thank you for listening.

Wanda
Old 05-08-2008, 12:26 AM #2 (permalink)
Forum Moderator

City: NW of Toronto
State: On
Diagnosed: 10/2003
Interest: I have been diagnosed with ALS.
Al is on a distinguished road
Forum Moderator

City: NW of Toronto
State: On
Diagnosed: 10/2003
Al is on a distinguished road

Hi Wanda. Sorry about your mom. Stress and worry about your moms condition could cause some of your symptoms. Try to take it easy until you see the doc.
AL.
Old 05-08-2008, 11:19 AM #3 (permalink)
Very Helpful Member

City: Gulfport
State: Ms
Diagnosed: 05/2006
MtPockets is on a distinguished road
Very Helpful Member
City: Gulfport
State: Ms
Diagnosed: 05/2006
MtPockets is on a distinguished road
Welcome to the forum Wanda.

Sounds like you are stressed out pretty good. I know it is easier to say than to do, but try to calm yourself and not focus your thoughts on these symptoms you are having. Your mind can spiral into all types of false conclusions if you let it wander or dwell on these thoughts.

Hopefully, when you see your Doctor, they can reassure you and give you something to help calm you about this.
Closed Thread

Tags
als, als symptoms, ankle, back, diagnosed, diagnosis, driving, fear, foot, health, new diagnosis, pain, pressure, reading, research, shoulder, stiffness, symptoms, twitching, vent, venting, wanted