Diagnosis
03/2008
Country
US
State
CA
City
Borrego Springs
Is there any pain associated with ALS. My husband has no pain, just muscle weakness, atrophy, twitching and foot drop. If someone could just tell me ALS is painful that would be a relief.:confused:

Most doctors and things you read will tell you that pain is not a part of Als, but most of us suffering in pain from muscle soreness, stiffness, and the like would not agree.
The atrophy and weakness are said to be painless, and in some ways I can understand what that means. I am sorry to hears what your husband and family are going through, unfortunately most of us on the forum have been in your situation.
I know it is a rough rode, but hold on. While none of us can say if your husband has als, if he does, more research is beind done now than in the last 70 years combined. Hoping

pain

Hi Julie, My dad has ALS and at first had very little pain, As the als symptons progressed his pain level is going up. Mostly in the knees and neck. The docs seem to believe this is from the nerves not working right and the good nerves and muscles having to work harder to accomadate. I hope this helps you out.

God Bless,
Heather

my husband has als and the only real pain he has is in his back from a past fall that only became apparent as the atrophy began. Otherwise, he wouldn't really be in pain.

Thanks to all

Thanks for your responses. Not exactly what I wanted to hear, but at least I don't feel like I'm worrying for no reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back