Old 04-14-2019, 12:37 PM #1 (permalink)
New Member (Say Hi)

City: Amherst
State: MA
Interest: I am interested in learning about ALS/MND.
JuggerChan is on a distinguished road
New Member (Say Hi)
City: Amherst
State: MA
Interest: I am interested in learning about ALS/MND.
JuggerChan is on a distinguished road
Default Depressed and Terrified I have ALS

Hi All,

I first want to thank you for the opportunity to voice my concerns as well as my apologies for any inconveniences.

To start, my symptoms began a year a ago with some twitching on my stomach. I did a quick google search and Lou Gehrig's Disease came up. At first, I quickly brushed it off and told myself I didn't have it. However, within the next week, I read more and more about ALS and was convinced that I had ALS. The twitching then spread all over my body to my arms, legs, neck, tongue, etc. I also started getting perceived weakness. I was able to manage these symptoms but as a result I grew very depressed.

However, recently, I have begun getting more scary symptoms that are driving me crazy. Now, I know many of you will say that this is anxiety and that I should see a doctor and a therapist. I have already seen my doctor many times who believes my twitching, fatigue, and weakness are attributed to anxiety and stress. But the recent symptoms have me thinking otherwise.

My newer symptoms include twitching/tremor of the fingers and hand, cheek and nose tremor when I scruch my nose or smile, tremor throughout my entire body, feeling that my walking is abnormal, hand shaking when I hold chopsticks, hand pain when I hold a pen or fork, and my most concerning one is a tremor or twitching in my left pinky toe when I move independently.

Here is a quick video of my toe quivering when I move it:

I know you guys are not doctors, but I would love and appreciate your advice and thoughts about my condition. Thank you and again, sorry for my inconveniences.
JuggerChan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 02:11 PM #2 (permalink)

Forum Moderator

City: Southern Oregon
State: Oregon
Diagnosed: 07/2017
Interest: I have been diagnosed with ALS.
KarenNWendyn has a reputation beyond reputeKarenNWendyn has a reputation beyond reputeKarenNWendyn has a reputation beyond reputeKarenNWendyn has a reputation beyond reputeKarenNWendyn has a reputation beyond reputeKarenNWendyn has a reputation beyond reputeKarenNWendyn has a reputation beyond reputeKarenNWendyn has a reputation beyond reputeKarenNWendyn has a reputation beyond reputeKarenNWendyn has a reputation beyond reputeKarenNWendyn has a reputation beyond repute

Forum Moderator

City: Southern Oregon
State: Oregon
Diagnosed: 07/2017
Interest: I have been diagnosed with ALS.
KarenNWendyn has a reputation beyond reputeKarenNWendyn has a reputation beyond reputeKarenNWendyn has a reputation beyond reputeKarenNWendyn has a reputation beyond reputeKarenNWendyn has a reputation beyond reputeKarenNWendyn has a reputation beyond reputeKarenNWendyn has a reputation beyond reputeKarenNWendyn has a reputation beyond reputeKarenNWendyn has a reputation beyond reputeKarenNWendyn has a reputation beyond reputeKarenNWendyn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Depressed and Terrified I have ALS

Step one is to read this: READ BEFORE POSTING! Answers to common concerns about possible symptoms!

Step 2 is to work with your doctor. If your doctor didnít find actual weakness on your exam, then you donít have ALS. If your main symptoms are twitching and perceived weakness but no actual muscle function failure, then you donít have ALS.

Believe your doctor. If you donít believe your doctor, then see a neurologist. Otherwise we canít really do much more for you here.
KarenNWendyn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Tags
advice, age, als, anxiety, depressed, driving, fatigue, fingers, lou gehrig's disease, love, nose, pain, shaking, stress, symptoms, tongue, tremor, twitching, video, voice, weakness