Reason
Other
Country
US
State
California
City
Sacramento
Started 2 months ago with a twitch in my arm. Fast forward to now, it’s all over but mostly in my tongue.Since it has started in my tongue about 5 days ago, I sigh and yawn a lot. Also get random 1 hiccup throughout the day everyday even when I haven’t eaten. I’m sorry if I have burdened anyone on this forum and can’t imagine what you are going through... I’m scared and it’s affecting me every day emotionally. When I googled the yawning with the hiccup, als was also in the picture. Just wondering what any of your thoughts are on this. Thanks -Cody

Nothing you have said suggests ALS. See your doc if you want to think about the quality of your sleep, etc.

Best,
Laurie

Thank you for the reply I greatly appreciate it.

Have terrible insurance and it takes a month to see a doctor. Today my voice is getting deeper for some reason. A little harder to breathe while lying flat on my back.

Cody, unfortunately this forum does not take the place of real medical care. While your symptoms are clearly very concerning to you, an ALS forum is not where you should be seeking support before you visit with a doctor. You don't report anything resembling the symptom pattern of ALS, therefore this place is not for you. Please read the https://www.alsforums.com/forum/do-...-common-concerns-about-possible-symptoms.html post if you wish to seek reassurance here.

Ok I just read that. Thank you for the response. Hiccups while sleeping just woke me up...

Hiccups while sleeping is not an ALS symptom. I really can’t figure out how you got to an ALS forum with your symptoms. My google doc listed GERD and sleep apnea and no ALS hits in my search. Follow up with your doc, but you don’t need to be here.

Ok thank you. I appreciate the time you guys took to reply... sorry if I bothered anyone and wish you all the best.

I’ve been having excess mucus in my mouth and throat. Always clearing my throat but the mucus remains in my mouth. All I typed in on google is mucus mouth and MND came up immediately. Finally saw my doctor and he wants me to see a neurologist...

Cody, from your posts at 1:27 AM, then at 4:50 AM, then 11:32 AM and finally
at 11:33 AM just TODAY you were able to see your doctor... in between.

But, at 1:27 AM you posted...
"Have terrible insurance and it takes a month to see a doctor." ??

Ok, it may be several days and like many before you... weeks before a Neuro
appointment is available for you.

There isn't anything more anyone here can help you with concerning your
symptoms until you are seen by a Neurologist.

So, until then...

Last edited:
Sorry. About a month to see a neurologist. So a little over 2 weeks now due to people canceling appointments. I should of specified.

Regardless, I think you have tapped out the resources of this forum- as Al as stated. People have provided you the information and advice they have, and you have been given the link "Read Before Posting" to read. As Al has noted, please let us know how things go after your neurologist appointment. Til then, save the remainder of your questions and further symptom reports for them- they are the ones who are in a position to help you and provide information specific to their clinical observations.

There is no need for any further reply or speculation here- please wait til after a neurologist has examined you.

Last post until I see a neurologist.. vibrations in left foot. Last 2 seconds about 5 seconds apart. Very annoying hard to sleep. . Arms jerk and so do legs causes my whole body to move.
Btw I am 27 year old male. My grandfather has Parkinson’s and my grandmother Alzheimer’s.

New symptom

Twitching in only my foot now for 2 days. Feels like worms are crawling under my skin but I can’t physically see them..

Mod note- merging threads. Refer to posting rules: https://www.alsforums.com/forum/do-...-threads-read-if-your-thread-disappeared.html
Also re-read this: https://www.alsforums.com/forum/do-...-common-concerns-about-possible-symptoms.html
It explains what to do when the people here have answered your questions and have asked you a few times to stop posting. They really mean it- please do not continue posting here.

Please speak to your doctor about your very clear anxiety about ALS, there's nothing the folk here can do for you. I am keeping this thread open only for a report back after you have seen a doctor. If you can't tear yourself away from this forum, despite assurances you don't sound like you have ALS, this thread will be closed and you will be asked to leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back