Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
CN
State
IM
City
Hulunbeier
Hello everyone, I am sorry to bother you. I am from China and my English is not good. I am 15 years old and no one in my family has a nervous system disease. I learned about amyotrophic lateral sclerosis a month ago. Soon I felt that my right arm was weak and my left arm was weak.

I went to the hospital. The doctor gave me a neurological examination and found that there was no problem and arranged an NCV check for me. The result is normal. When I got home, I thought it was very difficult, and my speech is still unclear. Soon, my left leg felt numb, my leg's calf muscles were sore, my legs were tired, I was stumped, my whole body muscles trembled.

I live in fear every day, I worry that I have ALS, I dare not go to the hospital for examination. This is a symptom of ALS, anxiety or what?

Last edited by a moderator:
The mind is very powerful. I think after you learned about ALS that your body produced symptoms because you were in fear, and still are. There is no reason at all to think you have ALS or any other neurological disease.

Please tell a counselor at school, or one of your parents, or someone else you trust that you are afraid. It is easier to deal with when someone else is at your side. And you might be afraid of something else, that you can talk about.

But also, the more walking and athletic activity you do, the easier it will be for you to get rid of the fear and see your good health, so do lots of that.

Best,
Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back