Reason
Other
Country
US
State
Ny
City
Hopewell
So I got emg Monday but I’ve been having weird problems with my right side and he did left I asked him after why he didn’t do right and said he wasn’t checking for als for me cause I have no signs of it and said abnormaliltys would show up anyway cause I’ve been having 4 months of symptoms the emg on left was 100% clean not even one twitch I’ve just had weird localized pain on right though burning shoulder pins and needles in hand and foot numbness in toes this is on and off all day everyday should I go back he said he’d do another for peace of mind on clinical exam he said I was strongest person he’d seen as 21 year old when I did test I was almost pushing him back lol so is it worth going back or I’m good

You're good, congrats.

It's very common to do the other side, just in case further tests are needed on the painful side. But ALS signs would show up on either one. And your issues don't mesh with ALS, either. But if they persist (and you might give massage, swimming, stretching a decent shot), your PCP is the person to visit first.

Best,
Laurie

Thanks Laurie that’s pretty much all I needed to know if it would show on either cause I have had twitches on both sides we were testing for neuropathy you think acupuncture would be a good thing to do?

Also your cat looks just like mine ��

Last edited by a moderator:
Acupuncture helps some people, but I would try cheaper and less invasive options first. "Neuropathy" sounds scary, but millions of people have it since it just means there is some problem, not necessarily a serious one, with one or more nerves.

All the best.

Just need some help

I’ve had weird symptoms on and off for 4 months had emg come out normal I am in high period of stress because this just cause symptoms don’t seem to be going away heavy breathing pain and numbness in toes and hand both right side do you think this is just my anxiety getting best of me for some reason jaw feels stiff today I’m not sure what to do to make this pain go away or if I should go back to doctors been there so many times already with no answer and before all this started was happiest kid in world just wanna go back to being that way

Re: Just need some help

None of what you describe suggests ALS.

ALS does not involve strange sensations, numbness, pain, or feeling week.

Tingling and heavy breathing can be signs of anxiety.

The normal EMG seals the deal that you do not have ALS.

So keep working with your doctors and get treatment for your anxiety.

Re: Just need some help

No ALS symptoms and a clean EMG means no ALS. I am not sure how you arrived at the point where you thought you might have it, but nothing you described is ALS. That is wonderful news.

Best of luck to you and take good care.

Mod note- merged treads. Please remain on your already open thread. It helps people to see your posts all in one place.

It sounds like you have a ferocious case of health anxiety, regardless of the cause (not ALS) of your symptoms. Please think about addressing this with your doctor- and please, no more posting here. You have been cleared of ALS, so this forum is not appropriate for you. This is a good thing!

Take care

Sorry this is last time I’ll ever post here just seeing one more time then I’ll never come back it is time of high stress rn cause these feelings I’ve had for 5 months and my paralyzed uncle is very sick. I just wanted to ask one more thing cause going to neuro for last check up on Friday I am 21 and have had pain in my right side for all this time not a day without pain my hand burns my foot my leg but I still can lift weights no problem at all just ignore pain during that but they did emg on left for some reason Laurie told me I was good and I believe her I just wanna know should I get right side checked or not on Friday my neuro thinks I have 10 times better chance on winning lottery then having als I just don’t understand why this pain won’t leave my body and I twitch constant which I ignore he said he saw none on last emg at all should I do one more or just let this all go and investigate for something else.

Why aren't you asking your neuro questions specific to your experience and clinical exam? They went to medical school and then moved on to years of specialty medical training. It's literally their job to assess people for neurological problems.

It's clear from all your previous posts that you are experiencing a massive case of health anxiety. The people here are simply not equipped to help you with that. Your doctor can though- so please talk to them about your fears.

Please, no more posting here.

Okay that’s fine I’m gone so you think I had nothing to do with als at all

Thread closed- it has run its course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back