Reason
Other
Country
Egy
State
Miami
City
Alex
Symptoms started nine months ago with tingling and numbness in right leg and muscle cramps .I had gradual rt leg weakness wide spread fasiculations and jerky movements five months later I got severe reflux frequent burps and gags ,perceived weakness in my rt hand and what really frightens me most is the severe stiffness and pain in my jaw joints that I have difficulty speaking and jaw jerky movements but not slurred speach yet .I saw a neurologist that said I don't have clinical weakness .He doesn't think I have Als and related my symptoms to anxiety . He put me on antidepressants but when the symptoms started I didn't have anxiety . I'm totally worried because of my jaw jerks and miscoordination

If you don't trust the neurologist, you have the right to see another.

If others don't notice any difference in your speech, and you can still perform normally with your R hand, it's unlikely that this is ALS.

Best,
Laurie

Thanks ,laurie .I appreciate your kind response .I saw another neurologist .He told me I don't have clinical weakness but ordered an emg .I can't wait to do it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back