Old 02-07-2019, 06:46 PM #1 (permalink)
New Member (Say Hi)

City: Copenhagen
State: Sjaelland
Interest: I am interested in learning about ALS/MND.
Christian27 is on a distinguished road
New Member (Say Hi)
Default Another DIHALS - Sorry friends.

Hello all, my name is Christian and im 27 years of age.

First of all i want to tell you all im a little embarrased to come here without any diagnosis and "annoy" all of you good hearted people with another of these threads which i can tell you've seen plenty of. With that said im also kinda glad i got opportunity to ask a few questions.

3-4 weeks ago i started to notice my arms felt heavy when sitting infront of my PC, a few days went by and the heaviness felt more like weakness. It started in my arms and very little in the legs. I also felt a strange sensation in my neck while sitting down mainly, like a stiffness and mild pain, and some mild dizziness when i turned my head left and right.

4-5 after i went to my GP, and she did bloodwork, tested for virus and bacteria and all seemed perfectly healthy. 2 weeks later, i didnt see much change for the better, and especially my arms felt weaker now and i've had gotten weird sensations like mild tingling and more noticeable "burning" in mainly my hands and lower arms, i got another visit at my doctor and i asked if i should maybe see a neurologist, which my doctor agreed on but she asked if we should wait and see for another 2 weeks if my symptoms got any better.

Before i go any further i want to tell that i've had a history of anxiety with some related hypochondriac thoughts, which is also why she told me it could be related to my anxiety.

The weeks went by and i still feel weakness in my arms and legs, primarily in my right leg and right arm, and still experience my neck symptoms when sitting down mainly. When i wake up i have a weird sensation in my left arm which seems to fade shortly after i wake up, and i have this burning feeling several times a day, both in my hands, feet and other parts of the body, and also short brief pain all around the body. Also fasciculations all around my body, which actually started in my eyelid weeks before i noticed the "heaviness" at first, which is now gone though.

i dont have any issues doing my usual daily activities, like putting on clothes, opening/closing doors, walking etc.. but a little afraid this could be an issues later on?

Could this be any sort ALS related? i did read the sticky post, but i guess i would appreciate some answers from some of you experienced people here. i really appreciate your time! Thank you.

Oh, and i did contact my GP today and she's gonna make me an appointment at a neurologist.

Last edited by Christian27 : 02-07-2019 at 07:14 PM Reason: paras
Old 02-07-2019, 07:37 PM #2 (permalink)
Forum Moderator

City: Vancouver
State: BC
Diagnosed: 06/2015
Interest: I have been diagnosed with UMND/PLS.
ShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond repute
Forum Moderator

City: Vancouver
State: BC
Diagnosed: 06/2015
Interest: I have been diagnosed with UMND/PLS.
ShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Another DIHALS - Sorry friends.

Why not start with a physiotherapist? They are in a position to provide you a full body and postural assessment, give various exercises and assistance in mitigating physical symptoms.

Please read the READ BEFORE POSTING! Answers to common concerns about possible symptoms! post. It covers everything you've reported.
Old 02-08-2019, 04:39 PM #3 (permalink)
New Member (Say Hi)

New Member (Say Hi)
Default Re: Another DIHALS - Sorry friends.

Thanks for your response.

I know you're not a doctor, and i did read the sticky post, but do you think my symptoms progressing so fast over 3-4 weeks could be ALS?

Last night i had a case of something like sleep apnea, i almost fell asleep several times, but woke up in shock having a feeling of not breathing properly, did this all night. Contacted my GP, which asked me to come by, she did some basic test like blood pressure, which was a little high but nothing dangerous, a "rough clinical weakness" test combined with other basic tests to see for tumors and what not. Seemed all fine she said.

I'm gonna visit the neurologist sometime soon.

I probably should stop doing my own googling and stuff, only causes my anxiety to spike like hell...

Thanks again
Closed Thread

Tags
age, anxiety, burning, christian, diagnosis, dihals, fasciculations, heaviness, ice, neurologist, pain, questions, stiffness, symptoms, weakness