Old 01-22-2019, 08:32 PM #1 (permalink)
New Member (Say Hi)

City: Pottstown
State: PA
Interest: I am interested in learning about ALS/MND.
Unorthad0x is on a distinguished road
New Member (Say Hi)
Default What is going on with me?

Ok back in november 2015 I inhaled coolant at work and instantly got a pain on the back of my neck and felt like I was going to puke for like 12 hours. Few months later something happened with my brain causing my perception to change and my memory got impaired and my personality slightly changed.

I went out on disability and not long after that I started noticing bowel incontinence and weakness. Soon followed clumsiness in my hand and difficulty raising my right foot, which both went away eventually. Months go by and I started getting popping on the back of my neck. I was feeling extremely fatigued and when i thought it got better, I decided to go swimming in a lake and almost drowned because I ran out of energy so fast.

Fast forward about a year and most of my symptoms have went away except for the popping on my neck. I remember laying in bed when all of a sudden my feet felt ice cold, but when I touched them they felt warm. There wasn't much going on in 2018 except for the last few months of the year.

After drinking hydrogen water around thanksgiving of 2018 the index finger on my right hand started twitching really bad. The next day my arms and legs, matter of fact, my whole body felt weird. I started getting twitches all over my body randomly. It kind of felt like my arms were being suffocated if that makes sense. I'd wake up in the morning and have pain in both arms along with numbness pretty frequently.

I remember that I started being drowsy all day long, even with 8-12 hours of sleep. I got shooting dull pains in my fingers, feet, arms, legs and once in my neck. About a week or so later I got these painful red zit like bumps that started showing up on my lower abdomen, lower back, thighs and butt.

Around the same time of this going on I was also getting tingling on the back of my neck. Over the coarse of a week or two the tingling transformed into severe pain. I went to the ER and they said it was a cervical sprain. I wasn't sure if it was from the coolant or the car accident I was in, in spring of 2018. But this was more then 6 months later and the doctor also thought that it wasn't related to the car accident. The doctor recommended physical therapy, which helped my neck for the most part but my arms and legs still felt weird.

When I was home I picked up my cell phone and tried to text someone when I realized I had difficulty with fine motor movements, like trying to type. This hasn't went away and has progressively gotten worse over the coarse of two to three weeks. Walking also feels weird at times.

I decided to try coconut oil and lo and behold feeling in my hands and feet came back. I haven't taken the coconut oil every day because of my cholesterol but it definitely seems to be helping when I take it.

Last edited by lgelb : 01-23-2019 at 04:06 AM Reason: paras
Old 01-22-2019, 09:23 PM #2 (permalink)
Forum Moderator

City: Vancouver
State: BC
Diagnosed: 06/2015
Interest: I have been diagnosed with UMND/PLS.
ShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond repute
Forum Moderator

City: Vancouver
State: BC
Diagnosed: 06/2015
Interest: I have been diagnosed with UMND/PLS.
ShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What is going on with me?

Hi there- sounds like you have a lot going on. It's not clear if you've read the READ BEFORE POSTING! Answers to common concerns about possible symptoms! post or not. It addresses sensory issues and should reassure you. Nothing you note here really fits a pattern that says "ALS", so you'll have to continue working with your doctors to figure out what is wrong.
Old 01-22-2019, 09:28 PM #3 (permalink)
Extremely Helpful Member
Forum Moderator

City: Orlando
State: Florida
Diagnosed: 12/2010
Interest: I lost a loved one to ALS/MND.
Atsugi has a reputation beyond reputeAtsugi has a reputation beyond reputeAtsugi has a reputation beyond reputeAtsugi has a reputation beyond reputeAtsugi has a reputation beyond reputeAtsugi has a reputation beyond reputeAtsugi has a reputation beyond reputeAtsugi has a reputation beyond reputeAtsugi has a reputation beyond reputeAtsugi has a reputation beyond reputeAtsugi has a reputation beyond repute
Extremely Helpful Member
Forum Moderator

City: Orlando
State: Florida
Diagnosed: 12/2010
Interest: I lost a loved one to ALS/MND.
Atsugi has a reputation beyond reputeAtsugi has a reputation beyond reputeAtsugi has a reputation beyond reputeAtsugi has a reputation beyond reputeAtsugi has a reputation beyond reputeAtsugi has a reputation beyond reputeAtsugi has a reputation beyond reputeAtsugi has a reputation beyond reputeAtsugi has a reputation beyond reputeAtsugi has a reputation beyond reputeAtsugi has a reputation beyond repute

So, as I understand it--it's hard to keep track, SO PLEASE BREAK YOUR TEXT into paragraphs--you have at present two symptoms. 1) Difficulty with fine motor movements in your fingers, both left and right hand, all fingers. 2) sometimes it feels weird to walk. Is that correct?
Old 01-22-2019, 09:44 PM #4 (permalink)
Very Helpful Member

City: Central NC
State: NC
Diagnosed: 12/2016
Interest: I have been diagnosed with ALS.
Clearwater AL has much to be proud ofClearwater AL has much to be proud ofClearwater AL has much to be proud ofClearwater AL has much to be proud ofClearwater AL has much to be proud ofClearwater AL has much to be proud ofClearwater AL has much to be proud ofClearwater AL has much to be proud of
Very Helpful Member
City: Central NC
State: NC
Diagnosed: 12/2016
Interest: I have been diagnosed with ALS.
Clearwater AL has much to be proud ofClearwater AL has much to be proud ofClearwater AL has much to be proud ofClearwater AL has much to be proud ofClearwater AL has much to be proud ofClearwater AL has much to be proud ofClearwater AL has much to be proud ofClearwater AL has much to be proud of

Unorth, as you wrote...

"When I was home I picked up my cell phone and tried to text someone when I realized I had difficulty with fine motor movements, like trying to type."

"I decided to try coconut oil and lo and behold feeling in my hands and feet came back."

Apparently from that brick of text you originally posted... the coconut oil was the trick.

Last edited by Clearwater AL : 01-22-2019 at 10:08 PM
Old 01-23-2019, 12:16 AM #5 (permalink)
New Member (Say Hi)

New Member (Say Hi)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atsugi View Post
So, as I understand it--it's hard to keep track, SO PLEASE BREAK YOUR TEXT into paragraphs--you have at present two symptoms. 1) Difficulty with fine motor movements in your fingers, both left and right hand, all fingers. 2) sometimes it feels weird to walk. Is that correct?
Both hands, arms and legs but it seems like it comes and goes in intensity but its always there slightly
Closed Thread

Tags
abdomen, back, bed, brain, cell, coconut oil, cold, disability, finger, fingers, foot, hours, ice, oil, pain, physical therapy, sleep, symptoms, therapy, twitches, twitching, weakness, work