Reason
Other
Country
US
State
Tennessee
City
Mosheim
The last thread I posted a member on here suggested I had RLS. Turns out I don’t. The Fasciculations are now all over and I’m having g muscle cramps. Which is honestly what’s scaring me the most. My throat feels like there’s something stuck in it and I think I’m having trouble with some words. Like my mind just can’t keep up with my mouth anymore, and last but not least there is this problem with my fingers now???? It feels like I can’t control them. I can pick up little things and stuff like that but sometimes they just don’t work and my arms just get tired after doing little things. So sorry for such a long post just looking for opinions on what I should do next. PCP thinks I’m ok but I just don’t feel right and they say nobody knows your body better than you

It's true that nobody knows your body better, but the downside is that no one but you feels the niggles better, either. You can fool yourself, is all. Not everything that bothers you is worth the worry.

In your last thread, I didn't say you had RLS. I said you should be screened for it. We do not diagnose from afar here.

Sleep, stress, nutrition, hydration and exercise are all areas to look at. Sometimes seeing how far you can get through self care is more productive than chasing an explanation that may not exist.

If you find yourself unable to do daily activities, medical follow-up is certainly advised. It may be difficult to pinpoint an explanation for what you describe. On the other hand, when physicians are unable to find illness, that's generally a good thing.

Your presentation does not suggest ALS. Furthermore, you had an EMG last September which was clean even though you noted it was not done looking for ALS. But if you had ALS, it would have shown suspicious findings.

The symptoms you describe sound like benign cramp fasiculation syndrome. Has anyone else detected a problem with your speech? If you’re concerned there is a problem with your fingers, then best to see a doctor and get a referral to a neurologist if necessary.

My fiancé and mom said they both haven’t noticed anything different in the way I talk. I’m so sorry to keep bothering you all but I greatly appreciate the time you take for my questions/concerns. I have visited a couple doctors about it to which none of them seemed concerned but the problem is I can see it happening. Like caps to bottles or small finger food like fries or whatever. The speech though nobody says anything about. I just don’t know what to do anymore. But I do have another question. When I use my muscle or move or really do anything. Part of that muscle shakes or quivers. And then starts Fasciculations in that area. Should I be concerned about that. I’m so sorry again about this it’s just my doctors can’t figure out what’s going on and I saw that ALS takes a year to diagnose. Is that because it doesn’t show up until then or is it because that’s when u start noticing things and all the tests and everything? Once again thank u

This forum is still not the place to be searching once provided the advice and recommendations you already have received. If no one has noticed a difference, and your doctors are not seeing ALS, there's not much this forum can do for you except to tell you to continue working with doctors because they're actually in a position to see what you are talking about and can provide you a physical examination. You've really been provided the most assistance strangers on the internet can give you here. Of course you should be concerned if your day to day activities are being affected by how you feel- but being concerned about ALS is another matter entirely, and the folks here have said you should not. So have your doctors.

All what you percieve is a matter of subjectivity. Feeling weak is not the same thing as not being able to turn a key or button a shirt.
You are under stress and will be in a state of scrutiny over your body that will feed you with plenty of "weird, abnoraml, fearful" sensations. They don't mean anything as medecine goes. Only a doctor can sort out the feeling from the failing and label a symptom "clinical weakness".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back