Old 01-09-2019, 11:23 AM #1 (permalink)
New Member (Say Hi)

City: Oklahoma City
State: Oklahoma
Interest: I am interested in learning about ALS/MND.
rrput is on a distinguished road
New Member (Say Hi)
Default Muscle Twitching since past 6 months and now dull headaches

Hi,

First of all thank you for taking your time to open this thread. I am indebted to all of you and I wish for your health !

As a background, I am 22/M , with weight around 67 kg.

I have had muscle twitching all over the body starting August 2018, I felt it was very annoying. I met GP during August as I was out of town during that time.

I did tests such as Blood Test, Vitamin Test and all came out to be negative. I also did additional test such as ECG which was also normal. The GP told, It looks like BFS.

Now, fast forward to January 2019, The twitching still hasn't gone. The frequency, well it depends on the day. Some day there are less twitches and some day more. But, they are majorly very visible, like I can see skin going in and out or y thumbs moving abruptly.

Also, since last 12 ish days, I have a feeling of bit heaviness in head, and also have dull headache couple of times during a day. Headache is not sharp, but dull.

Regarding weakness, I can pick up objects now which I was able to before 6 months. But, my focus has decreased and I get easily tired or fatigue.

I am confused, that is all these symptoms linked to each other. I have no one in immediate family diagnosed with ALS.

I am bit scared although positive, but confused about what I should do next ? Should I met my GP and ask to refer me to neurologist ?
rrput is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 02:06 PM #2 (permalink)
Forum Moderator

City: Vancouver
State: BC
Diagnosed: 06/2015
Interest: I have been diagnosed with UMND/PLS.
ShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond repute
Forum Moderator

City: Vancouver
State: BC
Diagnosed: 06/2015
Interest: I have been diagnosed with UMND/PLS.
ShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Muscle Twitching since past 6 months and now dull headaches

Past thread here: Constant Body Wide Muscle Twitching + Weakness in opening fist
ShiftKicker is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 04:55 PM #3 (permalink)
Extremely Helpful Member

Forum Moderator

City: Seattle
State: WA
Diagnosed: 09/2009
Interest: I lost a loved one to ALS/MND.
lgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond repute
Extremely Helpful Member

Forum Moderator

City: Seattle
State: WA
Diagnosed: 09/2009
Interest: I lost a loved one to ALS/MND.
lgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond repute

When you say "ECG," do you mean "EMG"? ECG is a heart test.

At any rate, still no reason to think of ALS. There is no harm in seeing your GP about the headaches, and that can help keep monitoring your strength. The GP can also advise if you should see a neurologist.

Best,
Laurie
lgelb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 10:24 AM #4 (permalink)
New Member (Say Hi)

New Member (Say Hi)

Thanks for your response.

I had NCV (Nerve conduction velocity) before 5 months - after a week of first twich started. They pass some electric current in nerves on Hands / Feet. The report was normal (before 5 months).

Have not had any tests after that. The blood tests always come up as Normal, X-Ray also normal. MRI scan before 5 months -- Also Normal.

No EMG so far

Other thing, is my weight compared to last 6 months is approximately the same.

It's assuring to hear that it doesn't look like ALS. I have never had muscle twitches, before 6 month. It's first time in life, it appeared. And I was quite skeptical as to why it's not going away since 6 long months.

Last edited by rrput : 01-10-2019 at 11:16 AM
rrput is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Tags
bfs, confused, diagnosed, family, fatigue, headache, headaches, heaviness, muscle, muscle twitching, neurologist, scared, symptoms, tests, twitches, twitching, weakness