Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
Uni
State
IN
City
Evansville
So the beginning of this saga began 11 years ago with stroke. Lesion located on my left Thalamus/ brainstem. Right leg has constant burning, aching, pins & needles, feels like someone tapping my right foot. That’s past history.

Approximately 5months ago my right foot began twitching, then about a month later my left foot arch & toes twitching and vibrating, now calf twitching and vibrating. Left calf keeps tightening/ loosening. The twitching became so noticeable and annoying that I went to PCP. The PCP referred me to neurologist whom can’t see me for another 5 months. I’ve tried heating pads, hot baths, breathing exercises. Gosh I’m just a cranky bear. When should you become concerned? You can’t see twitches and if not twitching feels like vibrations or humming (hard to explain). I have a long time to sit pondering. Asking ALS patients if it’s possible this is how it starts? What was the first thing that prompted you to seek help? Something isn’t right just don’t know what.

Hi Klane,

I am sure PALS will chime in, but this doesn't sound like ALS. I would imagine you can find a neurologist to see you sooner than five months out, to rule out other conditions of concern given your history. Meanwhile, I would try exercise like Pilates or tai chi that promotes slow stretching, and make sure your seated and sleep positions are everything they should be.

Best,
Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back