Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
CA
State
Ontario
City
Brampton
Hi everyone, so I saw the Neuro and he performed the emg and physical on me.

Physical was normal and he said my emg was normal.

Ncv found wrist and ulnar damage, elbow damage specifically. Just said don't lean on your elbow as much.

He didn't bother to do my legs or back not sure why? And that's where most of my twiching is.

My new question is does a ncv pick up nerve issues and since they didn't find any they didn't bother checking my leg?

The ncv was done on my arm and leg and they decided to do it on my arm only tho.

Thanks, cheers

My old thread was closed so sorry for opening a new one.

As we have already told you twitching matters not at all

You were complaining of twitching all over and some arm symptoms. The emg was perfectly appropriate. Normal exam, normal emg. If you had ALS both would be abnormal. Congratulations you are clear and good to go

Last edited:
Great news! Since you've had no symptoms to date of ALS, a clean EMG, and a clean physical exam, you're good to go. No need to worry any longer about a disease you do not evidence having.

Enjoy the Christmas season!

Hey thanks for the reassurance much appreciated, just wanted to know about my elbow damage, the ncs picked up, he didn't emg that area but he did my bicep, tricep and deltoid, of that arm.

So I'm not sure how the emg works exactly would it matter if he did my elbow or not? Pretty much I want to know why he didn't do it or is there no muscle there really to do one. My elbow where the damage showed wont stop twiching and contracting its incredibly annoying and twiches when i move it or on its own. Still have the body wide twiches which he said was bfs. Didn't show him my elbow i just saw it recently, it pretty much twichs 24/7 but i only feel it sometimes.

Anyways thanks again cheers.

Obviously you have an elbow joint, since you can bend it, but since there is known nerve damage (which is very common in that wrist-to-elbow area with carpal tunnel, etc.), the EMG part could be wonky for that reason. So they typically go for the bang for the buck, which is muscles that the nerves should be healthy in.

The advice not to lean on your elbow or create pressure on it (e.g. against a desk) is good advice, and you might consider PT if only to show you the best exercises to try to reduce the inflammation in the nerves that appear to be causing your twitching here. Sometimes a short-term NSAID, heat and/or massage can be helpful as well.

Best,
Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back