Reason
Other
Country
CA
State
Ontario
City
St. Catharines
Hello all. I am here because i have been getting few answers or maybe I git the one i needed but my anxiety wont accept it.

I have been having fasciculations which started in my calves, 2 weeks ago now i get them basically anywhere at anytime. I also have lost a couple lbs but that could be my mood the last few weeks.

I dont have the clinical weakness it mentions. As I can do everything the same things as before for the most part.

My neuro saw me and looked me over briefly and dismissed it as benign and not typical and to stop worrying it should ease up in a couple weeks.

I know you have all heard this before and get sick of worriers but the anxiety is ruining my life and my work. I also have cramping or tight feeling behind both knees at top of calves. Im just not sure I have the right info. My chiro said I may have pinched nerve in lower back causing but that doesnt explain the full body twitches?

Any info that may help me move on would make my day. Maybe i could sleep.

Thank you for reading

Last edited by a moderator:
Sleep tight. Validate your chiro's competence -- most are quacks. Pain in one part of the body very easily refers pain and twitches as the body responds to pain, to others.

Get/stay hydrated and re-evaluate your diet. Many of us get less produce variety in winter and you may be missing some electrolytes. Drink some OJ/eat a banana. Stretch morning and night. Legs get tight and stiff behind the knees when you are not working those muscles as such.

There is just no reason for you to worry about ALS.

Best,
Laurie

Thanks Laurie.. im justbhaving ussues witht the all over body twitching. Can't fall asleep.. i assume that my concerns over this symptom aren't typical and thats why I shouldn't worry? Its justbhard not to think about whike Im twitching all the time.

Have a read here about twitching. It's as common and meaningful as coughing and could signify anything- ALS being at the end of a very long list and only if you had a whole host of other issues alongside your twitching. https://www.alsforums.com/forum/do-...-common-concerns-about-possible-symptoms.html

Health anxiety is a powerful thing, and if it's affecting your sleep and mood and prompting you to ask strangers on the internet for reassurance, you need to seek some support for it from your doctor or therapist. Seeking to engage with people on a forum for ALS is likely to add to your anxiety, and it is highly encouraged, now you've been provided your answers, to leave this forum behind.

Take care

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back