Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
NJ
City
Old bridge
I know I have posted here in the past and I’m sure that will not fare well with many who have graciously taken the time to answer me in the past.
Basically have been having the sensation of food going up my nasal passage with swallowing of liquids and solids. No choking, no coughing just can feel/smell the food/liquid back up into my nasal passage slightly but not like it comes out of my nose and sometimes cannot clear food on the first swallow. Seems like food is getting passed to the back of my mouth to throat before a swallow is initiated. But most concerned of the backing up into nasal passage. Sound at all like Bulbar symptoms?

Have seen ENT and there is no anatomical/structural findings to explain.

Thank you
Ashley

Ashley, you came to us 2y ago "convinced" you had ALS. EMG and neuro have said not. So yes, our skepticism is complete.

All I can say, is try an OTC nasal steroid, an allergist and/or a food diary to sleuth this issue empirically.

ALS is not an issue. Your description does not accord with bulbar nerve dysfunction.

Best,
Laurie

Laurie,
I appreciate your response. I just can’t imagine that nasal regurgitation and chewing/swallowing issues out of nowhere could have no indication of a neurological disorder. I’ve never had this before and it began suddenly and consistently.

Hey Ashley, we’re saying your symptoms are not indicative of ALS. As to what they represent, you’ll need to keep working with your doctors on that.

You’re here for your annual Fall check-in apparently. You’ve been cleared of ALS. No need to return here. Happy holidays.

Past posts:
https://www.alsforums.com/forum/do-i-have-als-als/36212-convinced-i-have-als.html
https://www.alsforums.com/forum/do-i-have-als-als/40355-back-after-over-year.html

Ashley, it's not really clear what you think you can get from posting on this forum. There is zero that members here can do for you. Bulbar ALS is fast moving and it would be VERY apparent after 2 years that this is what your problem was (it is not). Please stop posting here as you don't have ALS. Simple as that.

This forum can not be used as a medical resource or way to help you self diagnose yourself with a rare neurological disease. You need to continue with your doctors and cease asking strangers on the internet who have asked you politely on multiple occasions to stop.

Thread closed. Please bring your concerns to your doctors. If this is affecting your daily life, you need to seek therapy to support you while you search for answers. This forum can not be used for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back