Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Tennessee
City
Clarksville
Hey everyone,
I am a 23 year old female with a 3 year old and a 2 month old. During my last pregnancy I noticed my arms were fatiguing more easily but chalked it up to the pregnancy.
Fast forward to the last couple of weeks and my left arm has been feeling so weak, getting fatigued after barely using it at all. Grip doesn’t seem as strong as the right and just different. Around the same time I started getting this severe tightness in my legs almost just feels like really tight muscles especially the left leg just feels heavy and aching and I have twitching in my legs, left arm, shoulders and face constantly and muscle spasms 24/7. I am just freaking out that I may have ALS and I’m not sure what to do. I go to my PCP on Thursday but am hoping I can get some advice on here.
Oh and anytime someone barely touches me my body want to like jump, it’s the weirdest thing.
Thanks for listening.

Your symptoms do not suggest ALS. A lot of things can pop up postpartum. Likely your sleep is very disrupted with a 2 month old. Make sure you’re getting adequate rest and hydration.

The hypersensitivity to touch points away from ALS. This is something that can be seen with fibromyalgia and also stress and sleep deprivation.

See your doctor and get a good general exam. It’s best to go in and list out your symptoms rather than leading the doctor on by telling him or her you’re worried about a specific diagnosis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back