Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
WA
City
Cheney
Hello I am worried as I have been twitching body-wide for 3 years, but now recently, I don't know if its is a placebo but I am conscious about my emotions and lately iv'e been having a sense of crying but have not actually cried. Could this be an early indicator of the pseudo-bulblar affect? Thank you

Hello I have been twitching body wide for 3 years now body wide with out any noticeable weakness. Now I know that pseudobulbar affect is a symptom of ALS, and I have been conscious about my emotions. Lately, I've been having a small sense of crying randomly but have not yet fully outbursts in crying. Could this be an early indicator of PBA? What are the experience with PBA? Does one always have laughing and crying or just on of the two?

Last edited by a moderator:
Mod note- merged posts.

Twitching + PBA (even if that's what you have) for 3y doesn't add up to ALS. See your doctor and have your fears allayed.

Best,
Laurie

In my experience of my own PBA, no, PBA does not start like that. It starts with actual uncontrollable laughing and/or crying outbursts despite not feeling amused or sad. It doesn't start with a "feeling of crying" whatever exactly you mean by that.

Thank you all so much for the replies, its just that I have those random feelings that im about to cry without being sad. Time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back