Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
CA
State
ont
City
toronto
Hi y’all thank you for taking the time out to read this ... I have been living in fear for almost 3 years and I feel like I have to post here now .. My worries Started back 2.5 years ago when I had body wide twitching.. since then I started to notice how sometimes I slur a word or 2.. Since that point my symptoms have come in and out some days I go without twitching some Days I go without sluring .. some days I have crazy twitching on my stomach and on my right pectoral same side as my calf (pretty rare ) my right calf has lost some size and does feel very weird some days I feels like it’s gonna fall off some days it has a burning sensation)( stop working out 5 months ago ) now my big worry started Thursday when I had trouble swallowing saliva (just finished coaching a football game in the rain storm in -10 weather ) since that point I have some trouble swallowing saliva feel like I have to gather a lot of saliva to swallow randomly and even then sometimes it takes a lot of work to swallow sometimes it takes no effort at all to swallow ..food and water is not a issue ..at the moment I currently work a very physical construction and just played in a football game 2 weeks ago and don’t see any changes in my performance... I am TERRIFIED TO SEE A NEUROLOGIST so any advice on insite is most appreciated ... I also notice the less I think about my symptoms up until Thursday the less the symptoms would happen

Thank you

You posted here two years ago. If you had ALS, you'd be profoundly affected by now.
https://www.alsforums.com/forum/do-i-have-als-als/31480-symptoms.html

You may be terrified to see a doctor, but they're the only person to help you. Posting here will net you zero help to get to the bottom of your symptoms. However, I will advise you that you are wasting both your own and everyone here's time if you sit on a forum instead of making an actual effort to get medical care. Don't do that- go see a doctor. The folks here are not the people you need to talk to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back