Reason
Other
Country
US
State
Utah
City
Park City
Hi. I have been here before I could not find my old thread. I apologise. I had a question about my left foot. It seems to be the cause for my concern or anxiety. All my als fear started with twitching after a panic attack.. my als fears do come and go. This one has been bothering me since July. I did get strength tests over a yr ago and all was well. Dr said it was anxiety causing the twitching. My issue is pain. My.left foot has intense pain around the ball of the foot.. it's ok when I wake up but at the end of the day it really really hurts. I'm a teacher so I'm on my feet all day. I bought inserts that have helped during the day but at night I do limp then it all starts over again ..it's better when I wake then hurts as the day goes on. I can do toe raises and heel raises.. all my toes go up etc. I'm ready to stop being scared about this. Does this sound like als?

This is a question for your Primary Care Physician.

Hi. I think almost every question that comes through is probably something they should ask a PCP about. I was just asking if this sounded like als.
Sorry I'm just looking for more of an answer.

What you describe is not ALS. Twitching is common, nonspecific, and meaningless. The normal strength exam should reassure you.

The pain in the ball of the foot is more likely to be a joint or tendon issue.

Thank you so much. That really gives me much needed relief.

Thank you.

You may have a bone spur in your heel. Reach out to your PCP for a referral to a Podiatrist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back