Interest: Other
Shkmstr is on a distinguished road
New Member (Say Hi)
City: Los Angeles
State: Ca
Interest: Other
Shkmstr is on a distinguished road
Default Are these signs of als? I desperate for answers

For the past two weeks or so I’ve been having excruciating pain in both calves. They feel like a consistent deep cramp that comes and goes and vary in pain. I have also noticed that while my legs are in motion or I am working out the pain is less, but they could hurt while I’m sitting down doing nothing and they could hurt while I’m walking or going upstairs. I’ve had some twitching over most of my body and now I feel like there’s some cramping and pain in both of my hands.

I’m a pretty high anxiety guy but don’t normally have physical symptoms from anxiety. Lately I’ve been going through a really intense phase of anxiety and I don’t know what triggered it. I am a 28-year-old male with no serious health history. I have also noticed that my thighs are extremely tight and I feel everything while I’m walking and it almost makes me walk really stiff. The cramping seems to span most of my calves changing different places by the way that I flex or move them. The pain sometimes goes into my toes and around my ankles but it’s the most consistent on my calves.

I was also experiencing heart palpitations, dizziness, and twitches but most of that stuff has subsided. I do however feel extremely fatigued and exhausted all day.

Does this sound like it could be ALS? Any advice would be great, I made a appointment with Neurologist but they aren’t available for two weeks and I feel like I’m going crazy and my life is spiraling down quickly. Thank you again

Last edited by ShiftKicker : 10-10-2018 at 08:40 PM Reason: paragraphs
Shkmstr is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 08:42 PM #2 (permalink)
Forum Moderator

City: Vancouver
State: BC
Diagnosed: 06/2015
Interest: I have been diagnosed with UMND/PLS.
ShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond repute
Forum Moderator

City: Vancouver
State: BC
Diagnosed: 06/2015
Interest: I have been diagnosed with UMND/PLS.
ShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are these signs of als? I desperate for answers

First thing I recommend is you read this: READ BEFORE POSTING! Answers to common concerns about possible symptoms!

I think that pretty much answers your questions about pain, nonspecific twitching, anxiety, dizziness and heart palpitations. Sounds like you need a visit with a doctor to sort out your symptoms, but not for ALS.
ShiftKicker is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Tags
advice, als, als?, anxiety, cramping, health, heart, life, neurologist, pain, symptoms, twitches, twitching