Reason
Other
Country
US
State
Ca
City
Los Angeles
For the past two weeks or so I’ve been having excruciating pain in both calves. They feel like a consistent deep cramp that comes and goes and vary in pain. I have also noticed that while my legs are in motion or I am working out the pain is less, but they could hurt while I’m sitting down doing nothing and they could hurt while I’m walking or going upstairs. I’ve had some twitching over most of my body and now I feel like there’s some cramping and pain in both of my hands.

I’m a pretty high anxiety guy but don’t normally have physical symptoms from anxiety. Lately I’ve been going through a really intense phase of anxiety and I don’t know what triggered it. I am a 28-year-old male with no serious health history. I have also noticed that my thighs are extremely tight and I feel everything while I’m walking and it almost makes me walk really stiff. The cramping seems to span most of my calves changing different places by the way that I flex or move them. The pain sometimes goes into my toes and around my ankles but it’s the most consistent on my calves.

I was also experiencing heart palpitations, dizziness, and twitches but most of that stuff has subsided. I do however feel extremely fatigued and exhausted all day.

Does this sound like it could be ALS? Any advice would be great, I made a appointment with Neurologist but they aren’t available for two weeks and I feel like I’m going crazy and my life is spiraling down quickly. Thank you again

Last edited by a moderator:
Does this look like muscle atrophy by the base of my thumb?

I really tried to hold back from posting here, but it’s really getting to me. I’ve struggled with some health anxiety, and usually I can chalk it up to that and move on, but this ones been really hard to shake. I’m a 28 year old male, no health issues prior, but I feel like I’m seeing some atrophy in my right hand near base of my thumb and wrist. I can still use the hand fine, although it does feel a bit weaker, but that may be from my constant stretching and moving of my hand and fingers because I’m being weird about it. Does the right hand near that area look wasted at all? Or does it look normal and am I just tripping myself out? And opinions would be greatly appreciated. I made a neuro apt but the soonest they could fit me in was early January. So I need some reassurance until then. Thanks so much everyone. Here’s a link to photos of my hands

https://imgur.com/a/4yqmmLm

Mod note- merged threads. Please post on your already open thread here to keep your posting history all in one place. I also recommend you carefully read the three pinned posts at the top of the DIHALS subforum again to reassure yourself about nonspecific twitching and pain, the success of self assessment and the forum posting rules.

I don't see anything. However, if you really want answers specific to your needs, go see a doctor. A neuro may not be the type of doctor you need- a general practitioner should be guiding your referrals based on symptoms and not on what you feel you may have. My hope is that you have a gp involved in your care and you are not self referring directly to a neuro because you think you have ALS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back