Interest: Other
Jennifer06 is on a distinguished road
New Member (Say Hi)
City: Seattle
State: Washington
Interest: Other
Jennifer06 is on a distinguished road
Default Questions

I know Iím sure I am over reacting. And I donít want to waste anyoneís time. I wonít continue to post here if everyone agrees this isnít what Iím dealing with.

Every now and then I will randomly feel a dull ache sometimes in my shins and calf muscle and will travel up to my upper legs and even into my hip area. It feels kinda like a growing pain.

Sometimes after standing all day with it, I will feel some weird twitchy feelings inside the muscle but itís not an actual twitch I can see. Just the only way to describe the feeling.

Iíve had the pain on and off for a few years now. Sometimes it happens a lot other times just once a month. Advil is usually enough to relieve the pain. Is this anything like the beginning of ALS?
Old 10-08-2018, 02:04 PM #2 (permalink)
Forum Moderator

City: Vancouver
State: BC
Diagnosed: 06/2015
Interest: I have been diagnosed with UMND/PLS.
ShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond repute
Forum Moderator

City: Vancouver
State: BC
Diagnosed: 06/2015
Interest: I have been diagnosed with UMND/PLS.
ShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Questions

Hi there- have a look at the link here: READ BEFORE POSTING! Answers to common concerns about possible symptoms! to reassure yourself.

MND is a neurological disorder that causes an absence of or abnormal signals from the brain to muscles. Sensory issues are not a part of ALS. Intermittent symptoms are also not indicative of ALS. If your pain is causing you to ask online about ALS, it's time to visit with a doctor or physiotherapist to help work on reducing pain.

Best of luck
Old 10-08-2018, 04:49 PM #3 (permalink)
Extremely Helpful Member

Forum Moderator

State: WA
Diagnosed: 09/2009
Interest: I lost a loved one to ALS/MND.
lgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond repute
Extremely Helpful Member

Forum Moderator

State: WA
Diagnosed: 09/2009
Interest: I lost a loved one to ALS/MND.
lgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond repute

I'd check in with a podiatrist to get your gait/stance checked. You might need insoles, orthotics, new shoes, exercises. But you don't have ALS.

Best,
Laurie
Old 10-09-2018, 09:39 AM #4 (permalink)

City: Barrie
State: ON
Diagnosed: 08/2014
Interest: I have been diagnosed with ALS.
Vincent is a splendid one to beholdVincent is a splendid one to beholdVincent is a splendid one to beholdVincent is a splendid one to beholdVincent is a splendid one to beholdVincent is a splendid one to beholdVincent is a splendid one to behold
City: Barrie
State: ON
Diagnosed: 08/2014
Interest: I have been diagnosed with ALS.
Vincent is a splendid one to beholdVincent is a splendid one to beholdVincent is a splendid one to beholdVincent is a splendid one to beholdVincent is a splendid one to beholdVincent is a splendid one to beholdVincent is a splendid one to behold

I'm guessing you wear heels. Try flats for a week, that should fix things.
Vincent
Closed Thread

Tags
ache, als, als?, hip, muscle, pain, questions, travel