Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
FI
State
Keski-Suomi
City
Jyväskylä
Sorry to open a new thread, but nothing else seems to help.
I know you told me to go to a doctor, but I physically have not had the time, and I'm going to another country for a few weeks soon.

I still get back pain and my back is very sore. The muscles of my neck and shoulders also feel sore and burning. My father, who is a veterinarian, massaged my back and said that it's not spasticity at least. He's not a doctor but he's somewhat knowledgeable on human medicine.

However, I have developed a very often recurring twitch in the outside edge of my left foot. It's commonly triggered by walking or moving the foot, and at night when I lay in bed it's near constant, especially if I think about it. Sometimes the twitch is so strong that it moves my pink toe.

I have also had similar twiches in my hand, which also sometimes move my fingers. Another thing is that I've also had twitching in my inner ear. Now that I think about it, I've had twitching for at least 3.5 years if you count that, as the very first twitching I got was in my inner ear. It was a sort of irregular fluttering sound in my ear that would make it hard to sleep, but while annoying, I didn't think much of it then.

Has anyone heard of inner ear twitching with ALS?

I've stopped worrying about my speech, and I haven't really had any swallowing issues either, except often when I'm finishing up a meal, I feel like there's a bit of food stuck in my throat, and I'll choke on it if I don't cough it up, and when I do cough little pieces of food sometimes come up.

The muscles of my feet also often hurt when I'm walking, although I still can't be sure whether it's cramping or just pain, since the muscle often feels flaccid when I massage it.

Mod note, past thread here: https://www.alsforums.com/forum/do-...ching-3-years-no-weakness-but-now-cramps.html

Rasmus, you were told to visit with a doctor the last time. You have chosen not to take the advice of the folks here because you didn't make the time. Please visit with a doctor. Do not open another thread until you have made an effort to visit with a doctor. There is nothing people here can do for you if you won't even bother to get a doctor's appt.

Thread closed. Do not open another until you have seen a doctor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back