Other
Country
CN
State
NT
City
HK
A few days ago my left leg suddenly felt weak
I cannot stand on my left leg only for more than 10 seconds..
Then I looked up in the internet and found als, and the symptoms include found slurred speech, so I paid attention to how I speak and I found out I slur my words quite often.
But if i try, I can speak words with good pronunciation, but it seems like I slur words unconsciously when speaking.
I know als is about failing, but is it about no matter how hard I try I still cannot pronounce the words or I slur the words occasionally?
Also, I kinda choke on water once every night, but it might be caused by gerd(I have it for a couple of years already).
My lips aren't closed when I relax them.
I have health anxiety and I'm pretty worried about it now, does it sound like als?
EDIT: I also have muscle twitching all over my body and sometimes my body moves itself when stationary.

Last edited:
No, it does not. But you should see a primary care doc to check the strength in your leg so you can both track it, and discuss ways to separate what symptoms are caused by anxiety, and help you feel better overall.

Best,
Laurie

Update: I found our that my swallowing have been slower(takes more time to swallow completely).
I also have a little problem when talking, I mess up the sounds(I would say pissue instead of tissue) but I can still pronounce the word correctly if i try again.
Does bulbar onset start with slurred speech or can difficult swallowing appear in very early stage?

I went to the doc today and he did some reflex and strength tests on my arms and legs.
He said the tests are normal and I do not have als.
But my question is can this proof I don't have bulbar als and the reflex tests are enough?

You're cleared of every kind of ALS, Mark. Get that anxiety under control.

Hey, its me again.

A week ago I started having just one short twitch in my left biceps.

After that, my legs, chest, arms twitched as well.

But the most noticable thing is that my left bicep now twitches once daily, and the twitch is STRONG. It lasts for like half a minute to a minute.

My left bicep is smaller than my right one, but it might be caused by right hand dominance...

I'm worried about this for weeks and I think about it all the time. Does this sounds like ALS?

I also experience arm heaviness in my left arm.

Last edited:
We can't diagnose or treat health anxiety here. I encourage you to take a list of your symptoms and concerns to your primary care doctor and go from there.

Nothing you posted sounds like ALS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back