Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
OH
City
Fairborn
Hi. New here. Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions. Here are my symptoms:

1. Post nasal drip. Throat clearing. I read the stickies but have also read a lot of post where this was something people with bulbar als experiences.

2. Difficult breathing. Seems like I can not get enough air in. I way 5 lbs more than normal, but not overweight. Last oxygen test on finger shows 98% (normal range). Less focus on breathing seems like it is less a problem.

3. No slurred speech. Tongue seems heavy, but no noticeable issues.

4. Body wide twitching which I know is better than localized. Some cramping.

Questions:
1. Is post nasal drip and clearing throat an early symptom?

2. Should I be worried about ALS?

Thanks,

Jallen

Mod note- moved post to DIHALS from General. Further posting rules are in https://www.alsforums.com/forum/do-...-common-concerns-about-possible-symptoms.html

Jallan, best bet is to visit with a doctor. Postnasal drip is a general symptom like coughing or itching- it's indicative of anything, or absolutely nothing. In your case, it means nothing unless part of a broader pattern of neurological symptoms. Only a doctor can tell you if you have further issue in this regards.

Thanks for your reply shiftkicker. I have been to my doctor and he believes it is allergies. I brought up als and he said I see no major atrophy or weakness. He did not perform a strength test. Also, his response illustrates that he may not understand how als starts since I’ve learned on this forum that atrophy normally comes after obvious weakness because you can’t use the muscle. If my symptoms remain I will return to the doctor. Thanks again.

By the way does als cause post nasal drip? Or rather post nasal drip occurs because swallowing is impaired so drainage feels stuck?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back