I received this report summary for the EMG/ physical examination from the neurologist

Status
Not open for further replies.

quickly543

Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
CA
State
Ontario
City
Toronto
I want to start off by expressing my appreciation for the help I am receiving. Thank-you for taking the time out of your day to selflessly help me here.

Here is the physical examination, EMG findings, and future plan from the neurologist/doctor.
Location EMG/ NCS performed: Only on the right side on my body. My right palm, my right shoulder, right calve, right thigh. (Would this EMG pick up anything abnormal in my neck/throat muscles?).

ZED7Ubc.jpg

Here is the summary from the doctor.

5VU1dpm.jpg

And here is the initial summary from the doctor about my illness

TTrogtA.png

I believe this report summarizes what the neurologist has found. I also want to state that the weakness I felt in my neck, now there is twitching there. And talking now makes me short of breath. Walking down stairs also makes my legs tremble. And the neurologist mentioned if I was talking slurred, although I believe that is not the case from what my family told me. And there is no atrophy in my body, my legs and hands/palms are symmetrical. The report has information about my brisk reflexes, and location of my weakness. Again, thank-you so much for taking the time to help me out. I understand the struggles many of you have just to type, and yet you're selflessly helping me out, and I want to thank-you a thousand times for that.

The report is all appropriate. Some weakness was noted. Weakness has many potential causes with motor neuron diseases generally at the very bottom of the list.

The EMG didn’t show any glaring obvious findings to suggest a motor neuron disease.

Because you do have some weakness, it is appropriate for them to refer you for further evaluation.

But based on this and your previous posts, I have absolutely no reason to even suspect ALS.

We appear to have failed to reassure you in the past. You are already seeing doctors for this problem. What are you expecting us to tell you this time around?

I have absolute trust in you, Karen. And I challenge myself to move on from this self-imposing anxiety circle. I have faith I can move on from this. Thank-you for your answer.

Although I will finish the further examination the doctor has ordered, to find out what is actually causing this.

Your report states no finding in an MND related capacity. Why, then, are you still searching to be diagnosed with ALS, may I ask? You have been told by doctors and knowledgeable members here that you do not evidence an MND. This is great news for you in that you can move forward with finding what truly ails you. It is not ALS and, as such, hopefully you can let your ALS fixation go.

Good luck in your future. Take good care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back