Learn about ALS
Country
CA
State
Quebec
City
Montreal
25, no health conditions besides pretty bad allergies

Recently, I've had trouble swallowing food and it feels my throat is very tight and I also when I take deep breaths I experience slight wheezing as I exhale. It's also a bit harder for me to swallow my saliva too which I'm concerned about. It feels like there is something stuck in my throat (but there isn't) and I have to put extra effort in to force food/saliva down.Also few months ago, I noticed that my left arm had suddenly become weaker when it came to grabbing and holding objects and it was a lot harder for me to grab something. I would describe my arm as very limp. Afterwards, my right arm also became very weak and limp. This weakness was almost always worse in the mornings when I would wake up. I've also experienced muscle twitching generally in my arms like a few times a day which I'm very concerned about since I usually don't have muscle twitches

You describe anything and nothing, but give us no reason for concern in re ALS. See your primary care physician. People with allergies often develop sensitivities to new things, which could certainly relate to swallowing and wheezing.

Best,
Laurie

I am praying that this is nothing, thank you for your response
I have booked an appointment with my GP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back