Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
New York
City
NEW YORK
Hello everybody,

During this I haven´t feel alright at all.

Everything stated with a cubital tunnel syndrome that got better with chiropractic work. Any way a got an EMG and the result were fine.

But right now I feel different.

My Symptoms.

-Both quadriceps feel alright when I woke up, but if I walk 3 or 4 blocks they got really fatigue. Is Symmetrical I would say. Or if I seated in the office also my quads feels tired.

-Twitches in my calf, specially in my left one. Also feel twitches in my upper back part of my leg, but weakness there (sensation or clinical).

What do you think?

I would really appreciate your opinions.

Kind Regards
Lolulo

Normal EMG rules out ALS.

Quadriceps fatigue could be any one of a number of things including overuse, dehydration or other electrolyte imbalance, thyroid disease or other metabolic diseases, joint issues stemming from hips or knees, effects of medications, and rarely a primary muscle disorder (myopathy). I would not be thinking ALS.

Twitching is common, nonspecific, and meaningless.

See a physician, starting with your primary care provider. They will determine if you have true vs perceived weakness. If there is true weakness. They will likely run some tests to determine the cause and possibly refer you to a neurologist if needed.

ALS would be at the bottom of my list of concerns.

Thanks you for your answer KarenNWendyn. I really appreciate.

But the EMG was made in my arms not in my legs, that is why I came with this doubt.

Actually I been testing my quadriceps force by standing up from a chair with only one leg.
My result were that is slightly more difficult to stand up with my right (normally my strong part) leg than my left leg.
Also right leg seems les muscular in comparison to my left one.

I believe I should do an EMG in my legs too.

Sadly I`m really worry...

Sounds like you have your mind made up. Please feel free to report back when you have seen your doctor. You have asked the advice of qualified members here and received your answers. Next stop is the doctor again.

Hello,

Finally I did my second EMG and the result were normal...nothing to see.
But what its worry me is the fact that I do feel a wear leg now and has some difference comparing one to the other.
My right leg looks and feels weaker. My right calve seems a shorter muscle and also the outer part of the quadricep looks skinnier.

What do you about it?

Have you finally accepted that you don’t have ALS?

I recommend seeing your primary care physician for followup and a referral to physical therapy.

Best of luck. You don’t need to be here. :)

Thank you for reporting back your good news from the doctor and your clean EMG clearing you of ALS. Any further questions would be general health related questions and are better directed towards your doctor.

Thank you for your reply guys.
But I feel that I got something and til is not more evident symptoms, I will be suffering these early symptoms of something.
I wish I could know what I have....

Lolulo, once your PCP establishes that you don't have anything serious to deal with, you can either worry about what you might have, or you can be happy that you can still live your life, and do that until the day comes that you can't...which could be decades from now.

Don't expect a lot of sympathy from those who are genuinely ill, if you choose door #1. All the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back