Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
NC
City
RR
I believe my last thread was closed. And for good reason.

Been going through “symptoms” for about 2.5 years now. Twitching, cramping, etc...So, the longevity of it all does play against the odds I know that. I was told BCFS.

But for the longest while now, a few months and counting, I’ve the the sensation of my right foot just feeling like it’s harder to lift when I walk. I look in the mirrors and such and I can see my foot lifting as it “should” when I walk. I can still stand on my toes and heels. Although, on the right leg, the calf muscle is extremely tight and borderline cramping when I do.

Brings me to my question. I went and saw my PCP for my yearly physical for work. And she noticed brisk reflexes and clonus. On the right side.

She stated she would recommended me seeing another neurologist. Appointment is 2 months out.

After hearing that, I remember now that when I press the brake in the car sometimes or have my leg going up and down while sitting down, I do see my leg and ankle shake uncontrollably at times. Most times it’s smalker but I can still feel
It.

Would clonus without clinical weakness be consistent with something along MND? M

Thank you all for taking the time to read and reply. I appreciate it.

I tired to use the same thread. My apologies if I missed the right way to post again.

Clonus does not happen on it's own. Resting will not trigger Clonus. It needs
a trigger to present itself.

Take Clonus off your list of concern.

Reconsider your hydration, sodium, calcium, etc. -- it's summer.

I appreciate the replies from you both Clearwater and Igelb.

I guess I just still worry about the clonus. Today for example, when I lift my foot off of the brake pedal, in a certain way, my leg and foot shake fairly violently.

I was just curious about clonus without clinical weakness. I am still fairly calm despite my worry with this issue. I am trying to stay positive it all aspects.

Thank you both again for taking the time to reply.

mod note: closed, multi id

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back