Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
CA
State
Quebec
City
Montreal
A few weeks ago, I started having weakness in both my arms which progressed to me having weakness in my arms and legs. It stayed like that until this week when suddenly whenever I walked for over 10 minutes my legs ended up feeling extremely fatigued afterwards and my weakness seemed to get worse. I also can't hold onto stuff for that long either. I constantly have to massage my arms/legs to make the weakness slightly more bearable. I've also experienced constant tingling all over my body. Whenever, I would sit still or lie down for a few minutes, something would start tingling which is concerning.
I had a blood test and everything came back normal so I am fairly healthy.

I don't know what's going on right now...

Both arms and legs affected within weeks. Wow.
Feeling fatigued.
Massage makes the weakness gets slightly more bearable.
Tingling.

This is very NOT ALS-like. The new onset of ALS would weaken a muscle (which would never get better, no matter what you did), and the affected muscle would not feel fatigued. (Muscles get "fatigue" because they've been working hard--in ALS, the muscle doesn't do any work, so it doesn't feel weak at all.)

Tingling, of course, would have nothing to do with ALS.

For further explanation if you need it, read the sticky post stuck to the top of this subforum, called READ BEFORE POSTING. There's a pretty good explanation for you, there.

You're a lucky guy. You're not dying. Good luck figuring out what that is. I suggest seeing your PCP.

Second the motion to see your PCP, Salos. There are many possible explanations, some of which will improve much more with early treatment.

Best,
Laurie

ALS is nothing like you describe. Good luck with your Doctor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back