AndreSts is on a distinguished road
New Member (Say Hi)
City: Lisbon
State: Portugal
Interest: Other
Default Bulbar symptoms?

Hello
Before anything, i'd like to say that I'm a bit scared and I don't want to annoy anyone with my things, but i'd like to hear your thoughts.
I'm a male, from Portugal and I'm 19.
Even tho I spend the days telling myself that I'm fine, it seems to haunt me all day long.
It might seem strange, but some weeks ago, I became "aware" of my tongue. It now seems too big for my mouth and I feel some tiredness in "the floor of my mouth" and now I have some strange sensation while moving my tongue. I feel kinda struggled saying S's and L's. And it seems that my tongue now rests near my molars.
I can move it freely, without any problems, as long as I can see.
Sorry for my English and I'm really really thankful for your time and kindness. I had some kind of severe "Cancer-Phobia" and now I am very worried about als.
Kindest Regards,
André
AndreSts is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 01:58 PM #2 (permalink)
Extremely Helpful Member

Forum Moderator

City: Seattle
State: WA
Diagnosed: 09/2009
Interest: I lost a loved one to ALS/MND.
lgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond repute
Extremely Helpful Member

Forum Moderator

City: Seattle
State: WA
Diagnosed: 09/2009
Interest: I lost a loved one to ALS/MND.
lgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bulbar symptoms?

André, I think you answered your own question. Your awareness of your tongue and strange feelings in no way resembles bulbar symptoms. Anxiety is very powerful in making normal things seem abnormal and strange.

Make sure you are drinking enough liquid, and look to your sleep and stress, while exercising during the day, and I think you will be fine. As always, if you find yourself actually unable to do something you used to, which I don't think you will, you should see a physician.

Best,
Laurie
lgelb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 02:25 PM #3 (permalink)
New Member (Say Hi)

New Member (Say Hi)
Default Re: Bulbar symptoms?

Many, many thanks, Laurie. I appreciate your time and attention.
AndreSts is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Tags
als, bulbar, problems, scared, symptoms, symptoms?, tiredness, tongue, worried, worried about als