Old 07-10-2018, 06:16 AM #1 (permalink)
New Member (Say Hi)

City: Porto
State: Porto
Interest: I am interested in learning about ALS/MND.
Crlb is on a distinguished road
New Member (Say Hi)
City: Porto
State: Porto
Interest: I am interested in learning about ALS/MND.
Crlb is on a distinguished road
Default Please respond, afraid of als

Hi,first I want to say to those affected by this disease you are such incredible fighters, all the best to you all... you deserve every bit of it.

I came across this forum for the 1st time 3 months ago but only now I'm actually posting here,please try to be comprehensible thanks.

I should probably try to explain as best as I can what happened.
I've always had health anxiety but somehow it got worse over the last 3 months, I developed a small weakness on my left hand, couldn't clinch it as hard as I could and I remembered that there's was a disease called als who starts with weakness I immediately panicked, then I committed the mistake of researching more deeply about this condition and I thought the very next day I had difficulty swallowing all of this lasted for 2 weeks but I tried my best to dismiss it given my anxiety background and it got better no more weakness or anything... Then all of a sudden I developed body wide muscle twitches that's when I completely lost it, I went to the family doctor 1 month prior to this, extremely worried about fasics in my legs, face, arms, back, even in my buttocks, I mentioned als he said to stay of the internet I was crazy then he proceeded to test my reflexes, no brisk reflexes, no babinski, no clinical weakness, he said it was just anxiety and I continued to push him saying I have fasics all over my body sometimes legs, triceps, neck, left and right up and down, he said not to worry... But after all this time I'm still having fasics, and I'm still worried, I'm only 21 years old I live in Europe not USA and I never did anything with my life. And this time I know the fasics are not in my head because sometimes I feel them and notice them.
Old 07-10-2018, 06:45 AM #2 (permalink)
Extremely Helpful Member
Forum Moderator

City: Boston
State: MA
Diagnosed: 04/2014
Interest: I have been diagnosed with ALS.
Nikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond repute
Extremely Helpful Member
Forum Moderator

City: Boston
State: MA
Diagnosed: 04/2014
Interest: I have been diagnosed with ALS.
Nikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Please respond, afraid of als

Hi

If you have been reading here you know what we will say

Read the read before posting thread

ALS weakness doesn’t get better

Twitching is utterly meaningless a lot of people twitch and anxiety which you say you have makes it worse.

If you are worried see your doctor again. Ask for help in managing your anxiety so it doesn’t ruin your life. As a healthy 21 yo you have so many opportunities to do amazing things
Closed Thread

Tags
als, anxiety, clinical, family, health, immediately, life, mistake, muscle, muscle twitches, swallowing, test, twitches, usa, weakness, worried, worry