Reason
Other
Country
HU
State
Hungary
City
Budapest
Firstly, I want to appologise if I broke the rule posting another thread, but I can’t find my last one.
I’m really in nuts end!
My whole side is atrophying even more. Now my deltoid and back muscles on that side are smaller, and i have winged scapula-my GP said that, although it is really mild now (but I didn’t have it before)
No one says anything to when I’m claiming I have atrophy, but I know my body! My shoulder really hurts, and it’s somewhat less mobile. I don’t know what to think anymore.

For few days now I have trouble breathing when sitting, it is somewhat better when standind and laying down (and when my arms are raised).

Neurologists dissmissed me because of having that problems for 3 years, and have normal strenght, but little difference in strenght is there. I can’t raise my 4th finger as much as in other hand (and I could do it some time ago-I know, i play piano)

My blod test is all clear. (At everything tested so far)

Only a doctor examining you can tell you whether or not you have true atrophy.

Even if you do have atrophy, there are many conditions much more common than ALS that can cause it. The pain in your shoulder also points away from ALS and more towards a regional (localized) musculoskeletal disorder or regional nerve problem.

Having the problem for 3 years also points away from ALS.

Keep working with your doctors, and best of luck.

But you don’t belong on an ALS forum.

Thank you Karen, I’m going to neuro next week, for annual exam, will ask her/him all the questions i have so far. For the last few days I also have problema taking deep breathes sometimes, so I need to adress that also. Thank you all for your patience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back