Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
UK
State
Portsmouth
City
London
Hi, I’m 20 years old. Over the last three months I’ve been experiencing a range of symptoms such as weakness and twitching all over my body particularly in my arms and legs which is usually visable when I lie in bed . In addition to that, I’ve been having congestion around the nasal cavity and I’ve noticed that my nose has gradually become weaker and thin making breathing very difficult with mixed sensations of both wide cavity and congestion at the back . Currently right my nose feels extremely thin, it feels it is about to collapse and it clicks anytime I press on it. I’ve read information on ALS weaking the nasal muscles and was wondering if any of my symptoms are suggest possible muscle atrophy caused by ALS. Has anyone had similar experiences and are they indictive of ALS?

Make an appointment with an ENT.

Thank you so much for the reply. Last question has anyone ever experienced the symptoms described with the nose thinning and disrupted cartilage?

Steve, please don't use this forum as a general health advice forum or place to crowdsource a diagnosis. You've been advised to see a doctor as you don't belong in a place for those with ALS. This is excellent news for you.

All the best

Thank you for your help. God bless.

Nasal muscles (LMFAO). Never heard of nasal muscles. I took anatomy and physiology. That should tell you everything you need to know. Please feel free to post somewhere else.
Vincent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back