Learn about ALS
Country
Us
State
Ct
City
Brooklyn
Good evening beautiful people,
Please kindly take the time to read this and help me as I’m a mom to an 11 month old and I’m really scared. Any help/ answers id appreciate so much. Last Monday I woke up in pain in my legs it felt like I had ran a marathon days before but I didn’t work out at all. Tues I woke up in pain from my neck down all muscles hurt they felt stiff and tight I went to the ER mri was normal only lab that was off was my CK was elevated they discharged me wed and thurs I was unable to write adequately my hand was so stiff and in pain than the twitching started Saturday I felt it everywhere and the pain was in one arm than the other than another leg. I’m able to write again but the pain/ stiffness is still there relieved with ibuprofen my question is is this how als presents? Do you wake up in pain like this I haven’t lost any clinical weakness tho I have some perceived weakness. I’m scared I’m scared of the twitching and the pain I was referred to a neurologist for an EMG I’m not sure what to make of the elevated CK. Any insight as to if this sounds like ALS symptoms or the course of how it starts would ease this poor moms heart as I’m not able to sleep I can’t imagine what else it could be

No it doesn’t sound like ALS at all refer to the read before posting thread at the top of this subforum to read why.

How high was your cpk? There are a lot of reasons for high cpks and many are related to muscles. It is not a test for ALS many of us have normal to low normal cpks

Hi Nikki my cpk was 292 thank you for your prompt response I’m concerned because of the quick onset and the symptoms

Not at all like ALS. That cpk is not that high. Are you going to follow with your pcp ? They will likely repeat. This could easily be a virus as one example

Yea I’ll follow up with my pcp I just don’t know what is going on with me my wbc was normal but the pains in my body and the onset has me worried. May I ask how does als manifest does it start with pain and jump limb to limb?

I think no one replied because it is really explained in the post I referenced. The answer is no it does not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back