Country
HU
State
Hungary
City
Budapest
Dear all,

I am 27 year old male.

For the past 3 month i started to have severe panic attacks and depression which is caused by my hypochondria due to feeling very sick all the time. (Occasional difficulty breathing, tachycardia, feeling hot, sweating, tremors and low grade fever, losing 15 kg in 3 month). My hormone tests came back very high for estorgen 100pg/ml and low testosterone 350. My b12 is 300 and d vitamin 24 both on the low end and i have iron deficiency. A potential 2mm pituitary microadenoma was also discovered on an mri.

I also developed parethia in my back, arms and legs which comes and goes. Also i have twitches in my feet, calves, glutes and sometimes other parts of my body - shoulders, arms , eyes , cheeks or even tongue rarely.

The twitches in my calves and feet are constant and i did an eng test on my calves which was normal but my emg for 1 leg in my calv muscle has + for fibs + for psw and + for fasciculations normal MUPs with no polyphasic MUPs and normal muscle reading. The other leg was not done. The fasciculations are there in both legs symmetrical and well visible but i also feel them and the electric feeling which goes along with them, sometimes they can be quite painful and cramp. I can do all things mostly fine and maybe sometimes feel some weakness in my legs (after running especially) but sometimes i dont notice it.

So far 3 neurologists have examined me and told me that i do not have als or ms and probably its my spine issue. My mri for head (ms) and neck spine was fine and i will have mri for the rest of the spine later in august.

The fear of this is killing me day by day and i want to ask your help in what to expect. I have been to 100 doctors already with all my issues but so far nobody is taking it serious and tells me i am have mental issues.

Could anybody tell me if this sounds like als as it is points out on internet based on these symptoms?

Thank you for your kind help!

Alex

Alex,

Please change your profile as there should be no "diagnosed" date. I think that is your birth month.

And there will be no diagnosis of ALS on what you have said. Find a counselor who can help with your anxiety, and good doctors who can help with your other hormone/nutritional/pituitary issues (likely an endocrinologist) and you will feel much better on all fronts.

Best,
Laurie

Dear Laurie,

Thank you very much for your reply.

This has been a very hard period for me mentally and i have stumbled from doctor to doctor for a diagnosis. I understand that my suffering can not compare to the people diagnosed with this and i am sorry for posting these questions.

The bad emg is what made me lose my mind after all. And now even though i pass all the physical tests and the doctors say it is something else i am fixated on this diagnosis.

I will pray everyday it is not that and for all the people who suffer from this.

I am so lost i just wish somebody could tell me i will be ok.

With much respect,

Alex

Alex, let me shorten your Thread...

"For the past 3 month i started to have severe panic attacks and depression which is caused by my hypochondria due to feeling very sick all the time."

"So far 3 neurologists have examined me and told me that I do not have als or ms and probably its my spine issue. My mri for head (ms) and neck spine was fine and i will have mri for the rest of the spine later in august."

"I have been to 100 doctors already with all my issues but so far nobody is taking it serious and tells me i am have mental issues.'

Alex, you will be fine when you get help for the real issue...

Three Neurologists have told you... you do not have ALS.

As for your concern re the EMG, you describe normal motor units. The motor units are not normal in ALS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back