Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
NJ
City
Newark
First, I would send my heart to everyone here... these past several days have been a real eye opener and I feel any words i mustard up to say do not even touch the bravery and strength I have seen here. My thoughts and wishes are to you all.

So I find myself I'm unfamiliar waters. About a week ago I was playing golf a couple times a week and working out at my house. I'm 40 and in pretty good shape. One morning I woke up and felt a burning sensation in my left leg, I attributed that to the fact that I have some slight varicose veins on the left leg and that was it. Then I noticed throughout the day I was starting to get a little bit of burning sensation and fatigue in the right calf as I was doing things such as climbing up the stairs walking or standing for extended periods of time.

The next day I played in a golf tournament did some workouts just my biceps triceps and chest at home I do 50 push UPS sit UPS triceps curls etc...

I woke up the next morning and I started to notice that on my left leg I was getting these little twitches everywhere from the bottom of my calf to my foot on both the right side left side my tow and up the sides of my left shin then I noticed I started getting these twitches on my right shin, then throughout the day I noticed that I started getting twitches on my triceps my biceps my upper arms and shoulders on both sides things seem to be a little bit more prevalent on the left I feel some spasms in my neck and face and I can see them they come and go I still have the pain in my legs burning sensation and I still do have some sharp shooting aids that go from the center of my leg all the way up to my thigh.

In addition I started to notice that my thigh and my quad muscles are now experiencing fatigue as well earning and slight twitching as well.

I spoke to a couple of doctor friends of mine and one in particular feels as though this could be coming from something that's wrong with my neck or and upper back problem however another doctor feels as though this could be something to the effect of an ALS start or MS.

To be quite honest with you I have read a ton of your posts over the last 7 days and it really is nice to see you guys collaborate on the experiences what you've gone through etc...

I was hoping if someone could tell me if they've experienced the same thing with an early onset of ALS I'm not slurring her I don't have any trouble swallowing and my strength seems to be exactly where it was its just the fact that I'm twitching all over my body now in a matter of 7 days is this the precursor potentially for muscle weakness atrophy and all of the things that go along with this?

Any reply is greatly appreciated I know your time is valuable.

Warmest wishes,
Sabino

I have never heard of anyone whose body-wide twitching came to fruition over a single week and heralded ALS. If you have anything, it's more likely a nutritional deficiency or virus, barring trauma to your neck/spine, which you do not mention. It is also possible that you tweaked something before or during the tournament.

Instead of curbside consults, maybe it's time to actually get examined by your primary care physician, who can rule out many things apart from suggesting if you need further testing for spine and/or nerve problems.

Best,
Laurie

Laurie,

Thank you very much for your quick response. My mother's name was Laurie, spelt the exact same way. The irony of that period she just passed away about 4 weeks ago.

It's weird that you say that because over the past couple of days my voice has started to crack I do feel facial twitching I notice that I'm having a little trouble swallowing but you're not the 1st person to say that the on set would be a billion to 1 in the current situation.

In addition to that a friend of mine who's a doctor Has set up an appointment with a top neurologist in the area. I spoke to the neurologist in full detail just told me that the likelihood is unlikely but the come in for a work up And the other doctor made me do a bunch of calf exercises that would challenge the calf in question and my other legs and motor movements. Other than the fact that my left calf is extremely sore today because I was hopping around like a child yesterday on it… lol

This morning I woke up with a bout of the shakes and some twitching all over. And I did fail to Mention that I am under a tremendous amount of financial responsibility for my company and my family as I employ about 65 people. The company itself is in a growth and transition phase although things are looking extremely well the responsibility I have to get all this done has been for the last 3 years just a build-up. Is it possible that I have strained my muscles mind and everything all at once?

I'm really hoping for the best I've never experienced anything like this and I have to say it is absolutely scary as hell.

Warmest wishes,
Sabino

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back