Reason
Other
Country
US
State
NY
City
Oswego
Hello everyone, I would like to start of by saying that I’m sorry to everyone here and that I have read the stickies but I continue to scare myself into thinking that I may have this sinister disease.
For me everything started about six months ago now with symptoms that wouldn’t have led me in this direction at all. I had some general fatigue, a pretty serious ache in my lower back and I was experiencing these ice pick type headaches and bouts of dizziness. But from that, about a month passed and the headaches and the back pain subsided for the most part.( I think that it’s important to note, that for a while had had convinced myself I must have kidney disease because of the back pain and a trace of protein in my urine.) anyway, after that subsided I started to notice that I had started to feel like my legs were weak along with the fatigue, they felt almost as if I had just had a hard workout or went for a run. I started to feel constantly wobbly and had a heavy feeling in my legs. About this same time I noticed that I had some cramping in my right calf while at work. Then I would cramp in both calves. And pretty soon I found myself on google searching what could cause fatigue, muscle weakness and cramping and was given a long list that included ALS, and having seen what it could do( a man in my home town died of it a few years ago) I was terrified. I started noticing the twitching that many people that post on these threads mention, and I was constantly on google searching stories trying to find on similar to mine.
Over the past 4 months, I have spent hours strength testing myself, looking at my body in the mirror, talking to myself. And I really want to chalk all of this up to anxiety and hypochondria but I just can’t seem to bring myself to do it because of my persistent body wide twitching, my entire body trembles and shakes, especially my hands and I still feel weakness. And the new thing that has popped up recently is that my right eye feels like it’s drooping and it constantly waters and has a fine twitching feeling in it.
I also want to mention that I have been getting this electrical type jabbing pain in my right side occasionally, when I am slouched over.
So that is my story,
Twitches
Perceived weakness
Tremors and shaking ( all body wide, including facial)
Occasional calf cramping when I’m at work
Muscle Tightness
High blood pressure
Strange eye twitches and possible eyelid droop
Again, I am sorry for even posting here everyone, I know my age is on my side(just turned 20, 2 months ago) but I am terrified, as you can probably tell from the book I wrote above. Still there are probably things that I have left out. Thank you to anyone who replies in advance

DCW, we can't make you less terrified. I can tell you all day that I don't see any ALS here, but seeing a primary care doc, who may find something that there is a treatment for (including but not limited to anxiety) is the only real road for you. That person can also help with the nutrition, hydration, stress relief, refreshing sleep and social interaction that is so important to feeling well.

Please see a PCP, so as not to waste the life and health that others here will only envy.

Best,
Laurie

You read the Sticky but still feel compelled to ask about 'feelings' and 'perceived weakness'. And high blood pressure? Nope.

I think this bit is spot on
I really want to chalk all of this up to anxiety and hypochondria

Clinical weakness is tested by a doctor. You can't really do it yourself.

Do yourself a favor: stay the hell off Dr. Google and go visit an actual doctor. :)

Dcw147, one sentence from the book you wrote (your words) one sentence (your words) pretty much sums up your publication... :)

"I really want to chalk all of this up to anxiety and hypochondria."

You also wrote you are terrified. So take these steps...

Step one. This morning (being you posted after midnight) call and make an appointment with a Prime Care Physician or go to a walk in clinic ASAP.

Step two. Copy and print off your post above so you don't forget anything. Let the doctor read it to save his/her time.

Step three. After Step one and Step Two have been completed let us know what he/she said.

Now, we do have some very medically knowledgeable members here who may chime in but this morning do Step One.

(Ooops Laurie and Greg posted before me... sorry.)

I want the thank you guys for taking the time to reply to me. I really am sorry for even posting on this site. I have just been so in my head lately and although i can continue to tell myself that I dont have ALS I cant seem to bring my brain to believe it with all these weird things that have popped up over last six months and I think I have just been searching for reasurance from someone who knows much more about this than myself while dealing with the fear of seeing a doctor about it.
That being said, I have scheduled an appointment with my doctor where I can hopefully start getting all of this figured out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back