Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
Us
State
WI
City
Milwaukee
Hello everyone kind of a general question.
I’ve had twitching all over my body now mainly calves constantly and small cramps pins/needles in hands the feet last 4 months.
The last two months or so I have internal vibration tremor all the time which is starting to drive me insane. It’s very noticeable at all times if I’m sitting it feels like the chair is shaking if I’m laying it feels like the bed is shaking.
My right side (dominate) seems to tremor as well mainly hand when using it. Also the right side of my tongue will physically be higher then the left side but seems to come and go. No trouble swallowing food but seem to have to clear my throat often.
Vitamin levels all good got results today I’m a 37 year old male and of course pretty scared of what could be going on
Thanks to anyone for insight

Twitching is far too common to be diagnostic of anything.

'Normal' People twitch. Alot.

So, go forth and twitch,.

If you're still worried, call your doctor. But don't say ALS.

Thanks on the reply I know the twitches are generally no indication of anything.
Any thought on the tongue, tremors, and internal vibration. I saw my GP who did a mri on my neck who then sent me to a ortho doctor he stated that what I was experiencing wouldn’t be attributed to what was seen on the neck mri and refered me to a neurologist who checked my reflexes which were good and didn’t seem to worry because of the rarity of als, my age, and because I haven’t lost any muscle. He ordered a emg to give me a piece of mind this Thursday.
In your experience has tremors, internal vibrations, and on side of your tongue swelling up a indication of als or bulbar ?
Thanks you very much for any input as with many people with questions it really takes a toll mentally.

You haven't stated any reasons for concern in regard to ALS, but if one side of your tongue is swelling intermittently, I would think about whether you may bite it during sleep, food allergies and other possible environmental irritants.

Your EMG is only 3 days away, and I think it will give you peace of mind. Stop by and give us a report...

Best,
Laurie

Thank you for the reply I will keep you posted. Like many always fearing the worst. I appreciate the feed back a lot.

I got a few blood test results so far I have a Low vitamin D level at 22 ml I’m not sure if this is a good or bad thing as far as possible als since from what I have read low vitamins D can possibly be linked to it ? Any insight ?
Thanks

EMG is tomorrow. Please don't post until after you get your results.
Yes, it will help to bring your vitamin D levels up to normal regardless of your health issues.

Wanted to give a update got the emg and nerve test he did my right ankle, calf, quadricep, hand, forearm, biceps, tricep, and felt everything was good. He has no idea what started all these issues. He is prescribing me a seizure medication for the tremors so hopefully that helps with everything I have a follow up in a month with him I’ll uodate if anything changes.

Thanks to everyone I’ve read a lot of the postings on here to the point where I know I was obsessing over having ALS and it’s a deep dark place to take yourself I honestly spent a lot of time crying and picturing the worst for me and my family. If anyone reads this and finds themselves thinking hey this sounds like me do yourself a favor get checked out and stop wondering. Again thanks to the few people that replied on my post although it wasn’t very many people or in depth responses it helped me mentally a lot and I truly appreciate it I will give you guys a update in a month and hopefully will be in good spirits still.

Thanks for sharing this with us. Best of luck to you.

So starting to get a little concerned. Have yet to get the official emg report that I had done on my limbs but since then which was last Thursday my tongue is still higher on the right side and deviates also to the right side. Also the right side of my is slightly crooked which has never been and when I smile it’s also pretty noticeable. I have had slurred speech since this all began In January but it’s not consistent. Not like an everyday thing but does happen. Also have on and off again feeling of something in my throat along with always having to clear my throat. I don’t have any tongue weakness but do have a little twitching on the center of my tongue. As far as the body wide twitching it has slowed down but still taking place mainly in both calves. With all the experience on this forum should i be pretty concerned on the Bulbar aspect of this whole thing I have no actual weakness yet but form what I get out of it a deviated tongue means loss of muscle in the tongue ? My body side shaking has also to pretty much gone but now all of these throat/ tongue issues are arising. I didn’t even bring them up to the neurologist last week. I asked him to needle my tongue but he didn’t and also didn’t even look at it. Originally had a follow up on June 14th but got it bumped up to the 6th. Any thoughts on the deviation and crooked mouth would be awesome thanks for your time in advance ?

Rm, I don't see any reason to be concerned about ALS.

Our replies tend to be short and limited for a couple of reasons. People with ALS might have a very difficult time reading and writing, so they keep it short. Also, some of us have a modus operandi like this: If we see that one of our experts has given a response, we will leave it at that. It takes up time to respond with "me, too!" Even for those who don't have ALS, if someone in the family has it, everyone gets very little sleep.

I understand that completely and in no way am bothered by any kind of response short or long. Thanks for the response. Of course twitching and cramping slows down and now a tongue/throat issue arises. Along with the paranoia.
Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back