Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
AUS
State
New South Wales
City
Sydney
For some 10 years now I have had problems almost permanently, although good periods and not so good periods with my mouth. Difficulties with lips feeling fatigued after talking at length. Difficulties with my tongue in the same regard. Sometimes dry mouth, sometimes an apparent excess of saliva. I have felt I have had problems with swallowing but that is not so an issue. I have had problems occasionally with twitching on the lips and cheeks. Occasional sensory feelings in that area, especially in terms of a tingling nose and central forehead. These symptoms have beeb worse in recent weeks in conjunction with other symptoms elsewhere. I had an MRI 10 years, clear. I had an MRS earlier this week, clear. The fact that it has been ongoing for a decade without significant progression sort of excludes ALS...I guess. Other symptoms at present are significant tinnitus, lightheadness, weak limbs and fatigue.

Thanks for reading my post.

Read the "READ BEFORE POSTING" thread at the top of the DIHALS subforum to gain reassurance with regards your sensory symptoms and the fact that twitching means about the same as a cough when it comes to diagnosing folks with anything. Keep working with your doctors to track down what's going on, but it sure doesn't look like ALS.

Hi Watts,

ShiftKicker is right to point out that ALS is not on the table, but I would consider rebooting your sleep, hydration, nutrition and sleep with monitoring by your primary care doc. And maybe upgrade your facial moisturizer...you're in the wrong place here, and that's a wonderful thing.

Best,
Laurie

Read the "READ BEFORE POSTING" thread at the top of the DIHALS subforum to gain reassurance with regards your sensory symptoms and the fact that twitching means about the same as a cough when it comes to diagnosing folks with anything. Keep working with your doctors to track down what's going on, but it sure doesn't look like ALS.

Thank you so much for directing me to READ BEFORE POSTING, extremely informative and well written and to the point and direct. Well done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back