Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
us
State
ca
City
San francisco
Hello to all you warriors fight this horrific diasese. My story sarted 1 year ago still up one day and my right leg was numb from the knee down went er had mri some stenosis and buldging disk l5 . next day neurologist appt foot drop not coming from my back now im nervous. 2 days later emg and nvc fail no peroneal nerve response surgery for compression at the knee. Had surgery still foot drop why am I here cause I made themistake and googled my symptoms. I do apologize. Question peroneal nerve related to als I'm so confused please any response would be very much appreciated. Thank you for your time

My husband had foot drop and when he had an EMG we proceeded directly to the train wreck of an ALS diagnosis. If the foot drop is caused by ALS, the EMG pretty typically is going to point to that and yours obviously did not or they would not have been doing surgery for an entrapment.

Foot drop can be a difficult issue to resolve and surgery sometimes does not succeed, but rarely is the cause ALS. My coworkers brother has has a dropfoot for ten years, surgery and PT have failed so that’s the bad news but the good is he has no neurological condition. Stay away from Dr. Google, he’s a quack.

Thank you thats all I needed to hear God bless you

Nerve conduction emg test

How soon is too soon? Is it ever possible to have this test too soon after having foot drop for only 5 days. Also no peroneal nerve response on test does this point away from als?? Thank you for your kindness

Re: Nerve conduction emg test

A peroneal nerve issue, if the only abnormality, generally suggests treatable conditions, not ALS. So I would work with your doctor to find out the problem.

Best,
Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back