Learn about ALS
Country
UK
State
Tyne and wear
City
Newcastle
Hi,

About a month ago my left eyelid began twitching. I didn't think much of it at first, but the length of time it occurred worried me, and Dr Google has me concerned it could be als. In addition to the eyelid I noticed generalised body twitches a week or so ago.

More worryingly my left hand at the base of my thumb is intermittently painful, and looks like there is wasting of the muscle. My left upper arm muscles are also noticeably smaller than the right. I will add pics of left hand. Does anyone think this is a red flag?

Attachments

• IMG_20180421_0851014_rewind.jpg
    IMG_20180421_0851014_rewind.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 818
  • IMG_20180421_0844079_rewind.jpg
    IMG_20180421_0844079_rewind.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 747
I would not be worried. Stop using doctor Google and see a real doctor with your concerns.

We cannot interpret pictures. I do have atrophy in my hand and it looks much different than yours. Also, the pain points away from ALS. See your GP.

Definitely not a red flag. The pictures look fine.

Pain is not an indication of early ALS. Twitching is common and nonspecific.

Nothing in your post suggests ALS. Please read the sticky at the top of this forum entitled “Read before posting.” This should reassure you that you don’t have ALS.

Thank you for your responses, I appreciate you taking the time to reply. And yes, I will see my doctor, and try to stop worrying in the mean time. Thank you again :)

Those photos look nothing like my husband’s hands. I was rubbing lotion into his hands the other night, and saw Moon craters where there were once palms. Atrophy is not one of those things you have to guess at, you know it.

Best wishes at the Doctor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back