Reason
Other
Country
UK
State
Canterburu
City
CT4 5JZ
I have joined to get some advice. I have lupus and sjogrens and have had restless leg syndrom for about a year. Over a month agol got pins and needles in my legs which eventually went through my body plus a bit of neuropothy pain. Im now getting charlie horses and muscle twitching 24/7 together with burning muscles. I so far dont have any numbness. I used to have good muscle definition in my legs but have just noticed a dent

This thread belongs in the DIHALS section.

Lupus and Sjogrens can be associated with neuropathy. They are not associated with ALS. The Charlie horses and twitching are non-specific, but are not diagnostic of ALS.

Bottom line is you don’t need to be worried about having ALS.

Thank you Karen but my hand also looks similae to a photo that was shown on this site.

Kingdnorth, Split Hand Syndrome supposedly is a sign of ALS, really requires pictures of both sides of the hand.

Atrophy of thenar/adductor pollicis and etc muscles shows absence on both sides and often the indentation will be greater on the palm side. A gap will begin to develop between two fingers, often the index finger (the bird finger) :) and the third finger (ring finger).

So, one picture here should not cause you to worry about that. Work with your doctors.

Last edited:
Pictures or not, it’s more likely that you have an autoimmune polyneuropathy. I recommend talking to your rheumatologist and then getting neuro referral if necessary.

Im still worried

I posted on here recently about fears of ALS. My muscle cramps and spasms in calves and legs arnt improving. They are in both legs and have been from the start. How should my leg reflexes be mine arnt too good. Can you please tell me your early symptoms. As mentioned in another discussion mine started with pins and needles that started in legs. I dont get pins and needles now just terrible muscle twitching and cramps. I know one form of ALS can start in lower limbs. Im 67 years of age and this all consuming now.

You were told before that your concerns belong in the dihals section. Further you are only allowed one open thread. Both of these things are stated in the read before posting thread at thetopof this subforum. I have merged your thread this once. Another mod hadto move your original thread. Please obey our rules

Kingsnorth, if this continues to concern you, a visit with the doctor is in order. Posting here will not actually net you any real medical help or in any way relieve your anxiety. Please visit with a doctor and let them know your concerns and allow them to provide you a proper exam. That way you can receive in person medical care by someone who can see what you are talking about and guide their exam based on what they find. It is clear this is causing you anxiety- taking direct action will help way more than posting on a forum to strangers.

As Nikki has asked, please continue to post in this thread only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back